SEBD 2022 : 30th Symposium on Advanced Database Systems
Call For Papers
SEBD 2022 (CFP)
30th Italian Symposium on Advanced Database Systems
Tirrenia, Pisa (Italy), June 19-22, 2022
The 30th edition of the Italian Symposium on Advanced Database Systems (SEBD – Sistemi Evoluti per Basi di Dati) will be jointly organized by ISTI CNR Pisa and Università Roma Tre, and will take place in Tirrenia (Pisa), Italy, at Grand Hotel Continental (https://www.grandhotelcontinental.it/) from the 19th to the 22nd of June, 2022.
The SEBD Symposium is the major annual event of the Italian database research community. It is designed as a gathering forum to meet, discuss, and exchange experiences among all people from academy and industry who are interested in database systems and in all their broad range of applications.
* Stéphane Grumbach – Inria, France
The conference covers a broad range of topics, including traditional database management, as well as new challenges for data management in any possible domain. Suggested topics include (but are not limited to) the following ones:
- Big Data and Smart Computing;
- Data integration, Heterogeneous and Federated DBMS;
- Data mining, knowledge discovery, information extraction, and machine learning;
- Data visualization;
- Data warehousing;
- Distributed and parallel databases;
- Grid, peer-to-peer databases and Cloud Computing;
- Incompleteness, inconsistency, and uncertainty in databases;
- Keyword-based and natural language access to structured data;
- Knowledge representation and reasoning;
- Ontology-based data management;
- Privacy, security, and trust management;
- Query processing and optimization, approximate query answering;
- Real-time, embedded, sensor, and mobile databases;
- Scientific and Statistical Databases;
- Semantic Web and Open Linked data;
- Social networks and Graph databases;
- Transaction and workflow management, interoperability, and Web services
- Big Data and AI
SEBD 2022 invites submissions of research, industry, and application contributions as well as software demonstrations. Regular papers presenting original work are solicited. Moreover, discussion papers containing descriptions of results already published are also welcomed.
There are three submission formats:
- Regular papers (up to 12 pages): original research works;
- Discussion papers (up to 8 pages): results and ideas of interest to the SEBD audience, including extended abstract of recent own publications, position papers, system and application descriptions, and presentations of preliminary results;
- Doctoral Consortium papers (between 5 and 6 pages including references): the papers should be singly authored by a current PhD student or PhD student who submitted the thesis before December 2021; if accepted it will be presented at the Doctoral Consortium session.
Papers must be written in English. Selection will be based on originality, clarity, and technical quality.
SEBD 2022 submissions must be in electronic form in PDF format. Papers can be formatted in LaTeX using the Lecture Notes in Computer Science style (Springer LNCS style), but we highly suggest directly using the new CEUR-ART 1-column style (https://sebd2022.isti.cnr.it/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/CEURART_SEBD2022.zip), which is the style requested for the camera-ready preparation. Papers must be submitted electronically via the EasyChair submission system at the following link:
All accepted works will be included in the proceedings, with discussion papers clearly marked as such. Proceedings will be published on WS-CEUR.org and indexed in Scopus, DBLP, and Google Scholar.
After acceptance, authors are required to re-submit the final PDF. No different format is allowed. All accepted papers are expected to be presented at the conference and at least one author is required to register to the conference.
SEBD 2022 will host a session completely devoted to the next generation of researchers: PhD students. They can submit papers describing their research which will be presented and discussed during an oral session. There the students will get feedback and suggestions from senior researchers of the SEBD community and have the chance to start new collaborations. For more details please visit this link:
Abstract Registration Deadline: March 3, 2022 -- extended to March 13, 2022
Paper Submission Deadline: March 11, 2022 -- extended to March 21, 2022
Notifications: April 22, 2022
Camera-ready and Registration Deadline: May 20, 2022
All deadlines are Anywhere on Earth (AoE) standard time.
- Giuseppe Amato (CNR-ISTI)
- Riccardo Torlone (Università degli Studi Roma Tre)
Program Committee Chairs:
- Claudio Gennaro (CNR-ISTI)
- Devis Bianchini (Università di Brescia)
SEBD 2022 conference will be located in Tirrenia, Pisa, Italy, at The Grand Hotel Continental, surrounded by nature, on the seaside. The venue is just 15 km from the Leaning Tower of Pisa. The closest airport is the International Airport of Pisa “G. Galilei” (15 km).