BLSMC 2008 : IEEE International Symposium on Bioinformatics and Life Science Modeling and Computing
Call For Papers
The aim of this symposium is to facilitate exchange of ideas and collaborations between computer scientists and biologists by presenting cutting-edge solutions of Modeling, Computing and Learning in Biology and Life Science. We invite submissions that address conceptual and practical issues of bioinformatics and life science with an interdisciplinary character. For example, computer science and mathematical modeling papers should contain a concise description of the biological problem being solved, and biology papers should show the enhancement of computation tools.
TOPICS OF INTEREST INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED)
- Data Integration for Microarray Analysis
- Optimization in Metabolic Pathway
- Molecular Dynamics
- Comparative Genomics
- Protein Structure Prediction
- Biological Systems as Reactive Systems
- Algorithms for Sequence Alignment and Phylogeny Reconstruction
- Genome Annotation Using Software Agents
- Image Processing for Biomedical Applications
- Biotechnology Modeling: from Processes to ODEs
- Mathematical Models of Cancer Immunotherapy
- Stochastic Dynamics of Gene Networks
- Hidden Markov Models with Application in Biology
- High Performance Bio-Computing
- ODEs in Biological Compartments
- Biological Applications of Data-Mining and Machine Learning Techniques
- Quantum-Chemical Calculations
- E-Learning in Biology
- Submission deadline: November 1, 2007
- Paper acceptance decision: January 1, 2008
- Final revised draft due to publisher: January 19, 2008
PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINE
Full papers are limited to 15 pages, single-spaced, in 12-point type, including title, abstract (250 words or less), figures, tables, text, and bibliography. The first page should give keywords, authors' postal and electronic mailing addresses. Papers must not have been previously published and must not be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Papers should be submitted electronically in MS Word, postscript, or PDF format. Information about paper submissions can be found at http://www.aina-conference.org/2008/.
Accepted papers will be given guidelines in preparing and submitting the final manuscript(s) together with the notification of acceptance. At least one author of each accepted paper is requested to register and present their work at the conference.
All accepted papers will be presented at the symposium and included in proceedings that will be distributed at the symposium. In addition, authors of selected papers from the symposium will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers for publication in a special issue of the International Journal of Bioinformatics Research and Applications.
Proceedings of the conference will be published by IEEE CS.