BSidesBud 2023 : BSides Budapest IT Security Conference
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS FOR BSIDES BUDAPEST CONFERENCE - MAY 25, 2023
BSides Budapest is soliciting papers and presentations for the 2023 BSides Budapest IT security conference that is going to be held at Lurdy Conference Center, Budapest, but will be live-streamed as well.
Name of the event: BSides Budapest 2023 IT Security Conference
Date: 25 May 2023
Venue: Lurdy Conference Center, Budapest & Live Stream
CFP Form: https://forms.gle/9gJG5NZo7RAVemVQ8
Deadline for submissions: 25 March 2023
BSides is a community-driven framework for building events for and by information security community members.
The goal is to expand the spectrum of conversation beyond the traditional confines of space and time. It creates opportunities for individuals to both presents and participates in an intimate atmosphere that encourages collaboration.
It is an intense event with discussions, demos, and interactions with participants. It is where conversations about the next big thing are happening.
WHO SHOULD SUBMIT
We are most interested in new presentations, but important updates on existing work are welcome. We are also interested in presentations from new faces, therefore, we encourage any individual who has not spoken at a conference before to submit a talk and attempt to make BSides Budapest their inaugural event.
NOTE: BSides Budapest does not accept product or vendor-related pitches. If your talk is a camouflaged advertisement for a new product or service your company is offering, please do not apply.
BSides Budapest presentations should be focused on topics that are of interest to IT security and technology professionals who are paying attention to current trends and issues. Presentations dealing with new technologies are always encouraged. Some examples include (but are not limited to):
- Information technology
- Network security
- Mobile security
- Web Application Security
- Vulnerability research and zero days
- Penetration testing and security assessment
- Malware analysis and new trends in malicious codes
- Car/Vehicles hacking
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Innovative attack / defense strategies
- Embedded device security / Internet of things
- Hardware hacking
- Phone phreaking
Submissions with two or more speakers are welcome at BSides Budapest.
- All presentations must be submitted by the original authors.
- Submissions should be in English or Hungarian.
- Sales pitches, advertisements, product demos will be politely rejected.
The following time slots are available and it is expected that the presenters will budget time for audience participation and Q&A within this time frame:
- Regular Talks: Regular presentation slots lengths are a fixed duration of 40 minutes.
- Light Talks: Light presentation slots lengths are a fixed duration of 20 minutes.
- Workshops: The workshops have fixed duration of 120 minutes or more and have a maximum capacity of 20 attendees.
- Rookie talks (20 and 40 minutes as well) – If you hesitate to send in you paper because you do not have any experience as a Speaker don't worry! The stage is open for you as well!
The CFP deadline for submissions is March 25, 2023.
Submissions should be in plain text and should address the following points:
- Your preferred email address
- Are you representing anyone (yourself, company name, group name)
- The title and abstract for your presentation
- Approximate length of your presentation
Please send your submissions through the following Google Forms document [https://forms.gle/9gJG5NZo7RAVemVQ8] until March 25, 2023.
We thank you in advance for your interest and support in BSides Budapest, and all your submissions are greatly appreciated.
Please support us by spreading the word and print and place this post where you can.