SPECTS/CNS 2022 : 2022 International Symposium on Performance Evaluation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems/Communications and Network Simulation
Call For Papers
2022 International Symposium on Performance Evaluation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems/Communications and Network Simulation
In conjunction with ANNSIM 2022: https://scs.org/annsim/
The SPECTS/CNS track is a new track in the Annual Modeling and Simulation Conference (ANNSIM). Built on the strengths of The Communications and Network Symposium (CNS) and the Symposium on Performance Evaluation of Computer and Telecommunications Systems (SPECTS), this joint track discusses Communications, Networks, Computer and Telecommunication Systems as they are the nerve system of Information Technology and a dominating part of our daily lives. Over the years, topics related to communication, computer and network research have expanded from traditional compute network systems to emerging systems such as Internet of Things and to intelligent network-based systems in broader contexts.
SPECTS/CNS provides a forum for professionals and researchers to discuss and disseminate the most promising contributions on performance evaluation of current and emerging computer and communication systems, technologies and networks. Papers describing results of theoretic and/or practical significance are solicited. Experimental, modeling, analysis, optimization and simulation studies as well as testbed deployment, field trials and experiences gained are all in the scope of this track. Work presenting novel performance evaluation methods or providing insights on design and runtime tradeoffs are particularly encouraged.
All papers describing design principles, network simulation, and applications pertinent (but not limited) to the following topics are welcome:
• AI and ML in communications and networking and computer systems
• Data Science, Big Data Analysis in communications, networking and computer systems
• Next Generation Internet of Things, enabling technologies and intelligent applications (Architecture, networking technologies, smart-cities, health-care systems, smart environment, smart mobility, precision agriculture, livestock, smart sustainability)
• 5G/6G and Beyond and enabling technologies (mmWave communications, Terahertz communications, massive MIMO, Intelligent Reflective Surfaces, etc.), Device to Device communications
• Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization
• Edge/Fog/Cloud Computing, Distributed Systems
• Green and energy efficient communications and networking
• Cooperative communications and networking
• Cognitive radio and networking, Future Radio Access Networks
• Optical-Wireless communication and systems, Wireless ad-hoc Networks/ Wireless Sensor Networks/ Delay Tolerant Networks/ Opportunistic Networks/ Peer-to-Peer networking and computations
• Social networks modeling and simulation, socially aware networking and applications
• Vehicular ad-hoc networks / connected vehicles
• Traffic modeling and simulation of Telecommunication systems and networks, Large scale networks simulation
• Trust and security in communications, networking and computer systems and enabling technologies
• Web-based simulation and applications
Please submit your complete papers electronically to: https://www.softconf.com/sim/ANNSIM22/ after selecting the SPECTS/CNS track.
Instructions for authors
Current templates supplied by IEEE must be used. Submissions should not exceed 8 two-column, 8.5×11" pages (including figures, tables, and references) in 10 point fonts. Please include 5-10 keywords, complete postal and e-mail address, and fax and phone numbers of the corresponding author. Accepted papers will be submitted for inclusion into ACM and IEEE Xplore subject to meeting ACM and IEEE Xplore’s scope and quality requirements.
Paper Submission: March 14, 2022
Author Notification: April 25, 2022
Camera-Ready Paper Submission: May 16, 2022