SemIoT 2022 : Semantic Modeling and Design Patterns For IoT Ecosystems
Call For Papers
Special Issue (SI) on “Semantic Modeling and Design Patterns For IoT Ecosystems” - Future Generation Computer Systems (FGCS) journal (IF: 7.187)
The SI aims at collecting cutting edge work on semantic modeling, semantic interoperability, semantic-enabled knowledge discovery and semantic-driven edge computing in IoT ecosystems.
This is the first of a series of innovative and fast-tracked SIs aimed at reaching efficient and high-quality publication standards with a 1-year turnaround time, thus contributing to a more effective and timely access to knowledge, research experiences and outcomes across our scientific community.
This SI aims to address the areas of semantic modeling and design patterns for Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystems, as these two aspects can help providing guidance to IoT system designers who have to cope with the knowledge representation stage in the IoT domain as well as to IoT system implementers who need to use and coordinate different IoT frameworks.
Researchers and practitioners from academia and industry are invited to submit their research works dealing with novel solutions to improve efficiency and reliability in this domain. Submissions dealing with (but not limited to) the following topics are encouraged:
* Semantic models for IoT ecosystems
* Dynamic semantics in IoT ecosystems
* Lightweight semantics in IoT frameworks
* Formal ontologies for IoT applications
* Ontological meta-models for IoT frameworks
* Annotation ontologies for IoT ecosystems
* Semantic-enabled knowledge discovery in the IoT domain
* Semantic-enabled access to IoT services
* Resource classification and reasoning in IoT ecosystems
* Semantic reasoning for edge computing scenarios
* Semantic-driven edge computing
* IoT semantic design patterns
* Semantic-based IoT design patterns
* Applications in smart cities and virtual communities, smart energy, healthcare, smart transportation
In order to comply with journal’s standards, authors are required to carefully follow the “Guide for Authors”:
The link contains instructions on manuscript preparation and submission.
Please note that it is IMPORTANT to select “VSI: SemIoT” in the “Article Type” step in the submission process, otherwise the manuscript will not properly assigned to the Special Issue.
The SI will be managed according to a two-round reviewing process under strict deadlines, as detailed below:
* CFP publication date: February 1st, 2022
* First submission deadline: May 1st, 2022
* First review round completed: August 1st, 2022
* Revised manuscript submission deadline: September 15th, 2022
* Second review round completed and final notification: November 1st, 2022
* Publication (tentative): December 15th, 2022
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Domenico Potena, Polytechnic University of Marche, Italy
* Marco Salvatore Zappatore, University of Salento, Italy
* Alex Mircoli, Polytechnic University of Marche, Italy
* Antonella Longo, University of Salento, Italy