SMARTS&P 2022 : International Conference on Security and Privacy in Smart Environments
Call For Papers
*** IMPORTANT DATES ****
Paper submission: February 24, 2022
Notification of acceptance: March 20, 2022
Camera-ready copies due: April 10, 2022
*** PUBLICATION ***
All accepted conference papers will be published in a volume of "Lecture Notes in Computer Science" (LNCS) by Springer. All published papers will be indexed appropriately in all major indexes.
Selected high-quality papers will be invited to be published, after revision and extension, in special issues of international journals.
*** SCOPE ***
Digital innovations and the Internet of things devices have totally redefined the world’s everyday life. Remote working has been standardized and so has a variety of software tools that support the new era. Cloud computing has dominated ordinary ICT infrastructures and along with the arrival of high-speed communication technologies have created a new paradigm that generates large volumes of data that artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques process.
However, although these developments have automated and improved the operations of modern businesses and governments, they have also created concerns for the society and, in several cases, problems. After all, the increasing popularity of the newly born technologies, has made them attractive to malicious parties who are willing to take advantage of the broadened attack surface. Additionally, the lack of legal boundaries enabled the gathering and processing of personal and sensitive data without the users’ consent.
To address these concerns, the 1st International Conference on Security and Privacy in Smart Environments (SMARTS&P), will provide an international forum for both researchers and practitioners to present their work and achievements, while exchanging information on the state of the art and practice of security and privacy in Smart Environments.
SMARTS&P 2022 aims to unite a wide range of people ranging from users to developers and researchers, coming from different disciplines but with a shared interest in the critical KPIS that will improve security and privacy in digital industry and communications. We are interested in novel papers, work-in-progress reports, and industrial experiences describing advances in all areas of digital industry and communications applications related to security and privacy, including, but not limited to:
• Cloud computing security and privacy
• Security and Privacy in Industry 4.0
• Security and Privacy in Big Data and Analytics
• Security and privacy in 5G communications and beyond
• Security and privacy policies
• Security and privacy in cyber physical systems
• IoT security and privacy
• Privacy-preserving blockchain implementations
• Privacy Preserving Machine Learning
• Adversarial Machine Learning
• Methodologies for privacy by design and by default
• Intrusion Detection and Prevention
• Incident response
• AI accelerated security and privacy
• Attacks against security and privacy systems using AI
• Security information, event management, virtualization and analytics
• Network security
• Digital forensics
• Cyber situational awareness
• Usable security and risk management
• Applied Cryptography
• Business continuity and cybersecurity
• Accountability, Transparency and Intervenability
• Multi-factor authentication schemes
*** SUBMISSION GUIDELINES ***
Authors are invited to electronically submit original papers not previously published nor submitted in parallel for publication to any other conference, workshop or journal.
Papers should be limited to 12 pages (plus appendices not exceeding 3 pages).
Formatting guidelines: https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines?countryChanged=true
Online Papers Submission: https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=smartsp2022