ISon 2022 : Interactive Sonification Workshop 2022
Call For Papers
The Interactive Sonification workshop (ISon) will be a hybrid event, taking place in September 22nd to 23rd 2022. Interactive Sonification is the specialized research topic concerned with the use of sound to portray data, but where there is a person at the heart of an interactive control loop. The main theme of ISon 2022 is Psychoacoustics in the Loop and will highlight how these two fields of research can benefit from one another.
This workshop encourages submissions for oral or poster presentations that deal with:
– Interactive Sonifications that boost creativity
– Interactive Sonifications for special needs
– Interactive Sonifications for inclusion
– Interfaces between humans and auditory displays
– Tightly closed multimodal interaction loops and their perception
– Signal and audio processing algorithms for audio synthesis
– Perceptual Evaluation of Sonification Designs
– and other topics as listed on the ISon 2022 website: https://interactive-sonification.org/ISon2022
We invite two forms of presentation:
– Full Paper: 20 minutes presentation (15+5), papers in PDF format 4–8 pages.
– Poster/Demo: to be presented during three specific sessions (about 2 hours), papers in PDF format 4–8 pages
Note that the status of the publication is full peer-reviewed paper independent on the selected presentation form. To ensure a high quality of the contributions, all papers will go through a double-blind review selection process.
– Authors should submit their full paper (4 to 8 pages) to easy chair, full paper submission deadline is June 16th 2022
– Including link to demo videos/audio is strongly encouraged
– Accepted papers will be designated either as posters or as lectures
– Authors must consider reviewer’s comments to submit the final version of the paper
– Authors of accepted papers are asked to prepare their manuscript according to the templates
– The deadline for camera-ready papers is August 11th 2022.
– For any general enquiries please contact the papers chairs, Niklas Rönnberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sara Lenzi (email@example.com)
Please submit your paper in PDF format according to one of the templates presented on the ISon 2022 website:
Important Dates (all deadlines are 23:59 GMT)
– Full paper submission deadline: June 16th 2022
– Notification of acceptance: July 28th 2022
– Tentative deadline for camera-ready papers: August 11th 2022
– Deadline for author registration: September 8th 2022
– ISon 2022 workshop: September 22nd to 23rd 2022.
All the best,
Organising Committee (ISon 2022)
The ISon 2022 Organising Committee