PAAMS 2022 : 20th International Conference on Practical Applications of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems
Conference Series : Practical Applications of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems
Call For Papers
Research on Agents and Multi-Agent Systems has matured during the last decade and many effective applications of this technology are now deployed. PAAMS provides an international forum to present and discuss the latest scientific developments and their effective applications, to assess the impact of the approach, and to facilitate technology transfer. PAAMS started as a local initiative, but has since grown to become the international yearly platform to present, to discuss, and to disseminate the latest developments and the most important outcomes related to real-world applications. Right now, PAAMS is classified as B2 by CAPES Qualis CC-Events and C by CORE Ranking. It provides a unique opportunity to bring multi-disciplinary experts, academics and practitioners together to exchange their experience in the development and deployment of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems. PAAMS intends to bring together researchers and developers from industry and the academic world to report on the latest scientific and technical advances on the application of multi-agent systems, to discuss and debate the major issues, and to showcase the latest systems using agent based technology. It will promote a forum for discussion on how agent-based techniques, methods, and tools help system designers to accomplish the mapping between available agent technology and application needs. Other stakeholders should be rewarded with a better understanding of the potential and challenges of the agent-oriented approach.
Special Topic of the 2022 edition: Simulating complex systems
- Agent-based simulation and prediction
- Distributed problem solving
- Agent cooperation and negotiation
- Agent societies and social networks
- Real-time multi-agent systems
- Human agent interaction, user interfaces
- Adaptation, learning and personalization
- Reputation, trust, privacy and security
- Agent engineering and development tools
- Evaluation, ethical and legal issues
- Information recovery and information systems
- Knowledge management and data intensive systems
- Intelligent control and manufacturing systems
- Embodied agents and autonomous systems
- Multi-robot systems and real world robotics
- Internet softbots and web intelligence
- Virtual agents, animation and games
- Pervasive agents and ambient intelligence
- E-learning and educational systems
- User-centered applications and assisting agents
Hugues Bersini, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Co-Director of the IRIDIA laboratory (Belgium)
Tiziana Catarci, Computer Science and Engineering at Sapienza University of Roma (Italy)
The Scientific Committee of the co-located conferences in collaboration with the guest editors will select the best papers from those presented in the conferences to be considered for publication in the following Special Issues:
∎ Special Issue published in the International Journal of Interactive Multimedia and Artificial Intelligence (ISSN: 1989 - 1660, JCR (2020): 3,137 (Q2))
To be updated
Bo An - Nanyang Technological University (Singapore)
Paul Davidsson - Malmö University (Sweden)
Keith Decker - University of Delaware (USA)
Yves Demazeau - Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (France)
Frank Dignum - Umeå University (Sweden)
Tom Holvoet - KU Leuven (Belgium)
Toru Ishida - Kyoto University (Japan)
Takayuki Ito - Nagoya Institute of Technology (Japan)
Eric Matson - Purdue Polytechnic Insitute (United States)
Jörg P. Müller - Technische Universität Claustha (Germany)
Michal Pechoucek - Czech Technical University in Prague (Czech Republic)
Franco Zambonelli - University of Modena and Reggio Emilia (Italy)
Frank Dignum - Umeå University (Sweden)
Philippe Mathieu - University of Lille (France)
Alfonso González-Briones - University of Salamanca (Spain)
Organising Committee Chairs
Juan Manuel Corchado - University of Salamanca (Spain)
Fernando De la Prieta - University of Salamanca (Spain)
MDPI Electronics Best Paper Awards
MDPI Systems Best Paper Awards
IBM Demonstration Award
The best demo paper in PAAMS'22 will be awarded with 2.000€.
All papers must be formatted according to the LNCS-LNAI/CCIS template, with a maximum length of 12 pages (6 pages in Demonstrations), including figures and references:
Microsoft word format.
Latex Format (also available in Overleaft).
All proposed papers must be submitted in electronic form (PDF format) using the PAAMS 2022 conference management system.
Accepted papers will be published by Springer Verlag in the Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence.
*** Indexing: The books of LNAI and CCIS as part of LNCS series of Springer are made available to the following indexing services: Conference Proceedings Citation Index (CPCI), part of Clarivate Analytics’ Web of Science, EI Engineering Index (Compendex and Inspec databases), ACM Digital Library, DBLP, Google Scholar, IO-Port, MathSciNet, Scopus and Zentralblatt MATH. ****
Our offer will guarantee the following:
- Local support for installing and managing the reviewing site of the submissions.
- 12 pages per paper, published at SV LNCS / CCIS, if acceptance rate under 60%.
- Synchonization with PAAMS agenda and coordinated deadlines for workshops.
- Duration : X slots of 2 h each for up to 6 papers each, with maximum of 8 slots.
- Standard equipment (videoprojector) and local support all along the workshop.
- Attractive registration including softcover proceedings, 3 lunches, 2 dinners.
- No registration at the workshop only since the main session is held at same time.
- Possibility of workshop invited speaker but no direct support from PAAMS.
- Suggestion to install aroundtabel at the end of the workshop for making summary.
We hope this offer will catch your attention. Should you be interested in submitting such a proposal, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a proposal before 11th February, 2022.
Authors of selected papers from PAAMS will be invited to submit an extended and improved version to special issue in different journals.
To Be Updated
Main Track - Paper submission deadline: 22nd April, 2022
Demonstrations - Paper submission deadline: 13th May, 2022
Notification of acceptance: 30th May, 2022
Camera-Ready papers due: 17th June, 2022
Conference Celebration: 13th-15th July, 2022
Nanyang Technological University (Singapore)
Malmö University (Sweden)
University of Delaware (USA)
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (France)
KU Leuven (Belgium)
Kyoto University (Japan)
Nagoya Institute of Technology (Japan)
Purdue University (United States)
Technische Universität Claustha (Germany)
Czech Technical University in Prague (Czech Republic)
University of Modena and Reggio Emilia (Italy)
Umeå University (Sweden)
University of Lille (France)
University of Salamanca (Spain)
SUPPORT FROM NATIONAL ASSOCIATIONS