QSA 2022 : 2nd Workshop on Quantum Software Architecture
Call For Papers
DESCRIPTION & PURPOSE
Quantum computing is becoming real: Several vendors offer quantum computers in the cloud or on premise, companies invest to become familiar with this technology and its potentials, several software companies build corresponding tools, and consulting companies offer services to build solutions. Many applications will benefit from quantum technologies because a lot of intractable problems (in the sense of complexity classes) may realize up to exponential speedups on quantum computers.
However, software to be run on a quantum computer is quite different from software for classical computers. Thus, the current state of the art is that solutions are hand-crafted in an ad-hoc manner and a solid foundation for building and integrating quantum software is missing.
The goal of the QSA workshop is to bring together researchers and practitioners from different areas of quantum computing and (classical) software architecture to strengthen the quantum software community and discuss architectural styles and best practices of quantum software as well as other aspects of the quantum software development lifecycle.
The workshop offers a platform for the presentation of novel scientific ideas as well as practical experiences and enables the exchange with experts from different areas of quantum computing.
TOPICS OF INTEREST INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
Hybrid Quantum Software
- Architecture styles of hybrid quantum-classical applications
- Architecture blueprints for hybrid quantum-classical applications
- Best practices and patterns for hybrid quantum-classical applications
- Integration and orchestration of quantum and classical components in hybrid applications
- Specification & verification of functional and non-functional requirements of hybrid applications
Quantum Software Development
- Development Process for building quantum applications
- Lifecycle of quantum applications
- Programming languages for building quantum applications
- Data preparation and error mitigation techniques
- Testing of quantum applications
- KPIs and quality measures of quantum applications
- Best practices and patterns
Quantum in the Cloud
- Quantum computing as a service
- Interoperability and portability of quantum software
- Deployment automation of (hybrid) quantum applications
- Migration from proof-of-concept quantum software to production
- Scalability of quantum software (e.g. sensitivity of increasing qubits, gate fidelity,…)
- Migration between different quantum technologies
The QSA workshop invites authors to submit original and unpublished work. All papers must conform, at time of submission, to the IEEE Computer Science proceedings format.
Papers can be submitted in the following categories:
Full papers (max. 8 pages) presenting novel research ideas, significant empirical studies, or successful applications.
Short papers (max. 4 pages) raising new ideas, challenges, ongoing research or early research results, and future trends.
Papers must be submitted electronically via EasyChair
At least one author of each accepted paper is required to attend the workshop and present the paper. Presented papers will be published by IEEE CS Digital Library.
Abstract submission: December 1st, 2021
Paper submission: December 8th, 2021
Paper notification: January 14th, 2022
Camera-Ready: January 27th, 2022
Workshop date: March 12th, 2022
Note: All deadlines are 23:59h AoE (anywhere on Earth)
Johanna Barzen, Institute of Architecture of Application Systems, University of Stuttgart, Germany
Sebastian Feld, Quantum & Computer Engineering Department, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
Frank Leymann, Institute of Architecture of Application Systems, University of Stuttgart, Germany
Manuel Wimmer, Institute of Business Informatics - Software Engineering, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria