CMC Special Issue 2022 : Special Issue Human Centered Cybersecurity Challenges to Secure Technological Infrastructure
Call For Papers
Special Issue "Human Centered Cybersecurity Challenges to Secure Technological Infrastructure"
Submission Deadline: 30 April 2022Submit to Special Issue
Dr. Saqib Saeed, SAUDI ARAMCO Cybersecurity Chair, Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University, Saudi Arabia.
Dr. Abdullah M. Almuhaideb, SAUDI ARAMCO Cybersecurity Chair, Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University, Saudi Arabia.
Dr. Rizwan Ahmad, National University of Sciences and Technology, Pakistan.
Dr. Imran Baig, Dhofar University, Sultanate of Oman.
Modern day human life is integrated with diverse technological infrastructures and security of these technological infrastructures is a major concern. There has been an extensive focus on developing tools, methodologies, and algorithms to secure technological infrastructures. However, many of the cyber-attack investigations have pointed to human aspect being the major factor. In this special issue, we intend to enrich the body of knowledge by presenting case studies and research contributions targeting the human factors in cybersecurity.
• Human Security Factors
• Access Control Attacks and Mitigation
• Social Theories of Privacy
• Psychology of Social Engineering
• Risk Perception and Communication
• Social Media Privacy and Security
• Identification and Authentication of People and Devices
• Personal Data Privacy and Security at individual and Organizational Level
• Detection and Mitigation of Social Engineering Attacks
• Economic, Ethical, Privacy and Legal Issues in Cybersecurity Policies
• System Misuse and User Misbehavior
• Personal tracking and digital footprint
• Impact of Usability and User Experience on Security and Privacy of Systems
• Cybersecurity User Education
• Cybersecurity Challenges and Cultural Implications
• Cybersecurity policies for cybercrimes, threats, vulnerabilities, and prevention/avoidance
• Case Studies of Successful and Failed Cybersecurity Implementation