Balisage 2011 : Balisage: The Markup Conference
Call For Papers
Each year, Balisage gathers together an eclectic mix of participants interested in markup, and puts them together in one of the world's great cities for three and half days of discussion about points of interest in the use of descriptive markup to build strong, lasting information systems. Practitioners and theorists, vendors and users, tool-users and tool-makers, all provide their perspectives at Balisage.
Nominations for paper proposals and peer reviewers are solicited.
As always, papers at Balisage can address any aspect of the use of markup and markup languages to represent information and build information systems. Possible topics include but are not limited to:
* XML and related technologies
* Non-XML markup languages
* Implementation experience with XML parsing, XSLT processors, XQuery processors, XML databases, Topic Map engines, XProc integrations, or any markup-related technology
* Semantics, overlap, and other complex fundamental issues for markup languages
* Case studies of markup design and deployment
* Recent and upcoming milestones in standards development
* Semantics of markup languages
* JSON and XML
* Quality and/or efficiency in markup systems
* the future of XML (if any)
* the future of descriptive markup (if any)
* Does markup have a future?
Submit full papers in XML to email@example.com
Guidelines, DTDs, schemas, and details at http://www.balisage.net/submissions.html
Apply to the Peer Review panel
11 March 2011 — Peer review applications due
8 April 2011 — Paper submissions due
8 April 2011 — Applications due for student support awards due
20 May 2011 — Speakers notified
8 July 2011 — Final papers due
1 August 2011 — Pre-conference Symposium
2–5 August 2011 — Balisage: The Markup Conference
Help us make Balisage your favorite XML Conference. See you in Montréal!
C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
B. Tommie Usdin