MobiCASE 2011 : The 3rd International ICST Conference on Mobile Computing, Applications, and Services
Conference Series : Mobile Computing, Applications, and Services
Call For Papers
*** To accommodate end of the academic year projects,
the deadline has been extended to June 19th ***
The 3rd International ICST Conference on
Mobile Computing, Applications, and Services
October 24-27, 2011 in Los Angeles, CA
MobiCASE, the International Conference on Mobile Computing, Applications, and Services, is a confluence between academia and industry on mobile applications and services research.
We seek novel submissions in mobile applications, services and mobile systems research in domain topics above the OSI transport layer with an emphasis on complete end-to-end systems and their components. The conference will be organized into two broad categories, with topics of interest including, but not limited to:
* Mobile pervasive applications such as smart healthcare/wellbeing, disaster management, mobile learning, transportation, enterprise solutions and multilingual support.
* Mobile sensing applications such as indoor location, activity recognition, heterogeneous sensor fusion, social sensing and reality mining.
* Mobile social networking such as crowd sourcing, twittering and other social network driven applications.
* Novel user experience and interfaces such as visualization techniques for mobile content, multimodal interaction, wearable computing, accessibility and safety issues.
* Personalization such as behavior modeling, behavior-aware and context-aware applications, personal assistance with mobile devices.
* Mobile advertising such as targeted advertising, location based recommendation, in-game marketing and proximity systems.
Mobile Services and Platforms
* Smartphone platforms (such as Android, iOS, BlackBerry OS, MeeGo, Symbian, webOS, Windows Phone 7) and supporting tools, libraries, and compilers.
* Mobile software engineering and management such as application lifecycle management, adaptive and self-configuring applications, middleware, App stores and distribution models.
* Mobile cloud computing and Mobile Web such as HTML5, MobileAjax, Mobile Flash, J2ME, and others.
* End-user network monitoring and management.
MobiCASE 2011 will feature a research track and an industry track. Research papers should focus on the design, implementation and evaluation of complete systems and components. Regular research papers are limited to ten (10) singlespaced, double-column, 8.5" x 11" pages with a 10-point font size. We also encourage researchers and students to submit short work-in-progress (WIP) papers, which are limited to six (6) pages. Industry papers should focus on new achievements and advances in practical mobile applications and services, present empirical results, or report on open
problems or challenges that arise from an industrial context. Industry papers are limited to eight (8) pages. MobiCASE requires that all papers describe novel, unpublished work not currently under review elsewhere.
Full papers due: June 5th, 2011 (11:59PM PDT)
Acceptance notification: July 31, 2011
Camera-ready due: August 28, 2011
Submission instructions are available at http://www.mobicase.org/submit.shtml .
CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
Ani Nahapetian, UCLA, USA
Jarek Wilkiewicz, YouTube/Google, USA
Joy Zhang, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Kristoffer Gronowski, Ericsson Research Silicon Valley, USA
Soheil Ghiasi, UC Davis, USA
Davide Brunelli, University of Trento, Italy
Giovanni Pau, UCLA, USA
Claudio Palazzi, University of Padua, Italy
Jennifer Wong, SUNY Stony Brook, USA
LOCAL EVENT CHAIR
Foad Dabiri, UCLA
TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Sasan Adibi, Research In Motion, Canada
Muraili Annavaram, University of Southern California, USA
Philip Brisk, University of California, Riverside, USA
Jing Chong, China Mobile Research Institute, China
Ling-Jyh Chen, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
Pablo Fernández, University of Malaga, Spain
Jason Hong, Carnegie Mellon University,USA
Roozbeh Jafari, UT Dallas, USA
Won Jeon, Samsung Research, USA
Minkyong Kim, IBM TJ Watson, USA
Andrew Lippman, MIT, USA
Gustavo Marfia, University of Bologna, Italy
Tammara Massey, Johns Hopkins University, USA
April Mitchell, HP Labs, USA
Junaith A. Shahabdeen, Intel, USA
Jie Tang, Tsinghua University, China
Vincent S. Tseng, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
Alireza Vahdatpour, University of Washington, USA
Alexander Varshavsky, ATT Labs, USA
Pablo Vidales, Deutsche Telecom R&D
Lebing Xie, MobisCloud, China
Guang Yang, Nokia Research, USA
Yu Zheng, Microsoft
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
To receive updates about MobiCASE2011 Conference, follow us on twitter (mobicase), join the Linkedin group (MobiCASE), or connect with us on Facebook (MobiCASE).