EuroMPI 2011 : EuroMPI 2011
Call For Papers
EuroMPI 2011 Call for Papers
Santorini, Greece, September 18-21, 2011
BACKGROUND AND TOPICS
EuroMPI is the primary meeting where the users and developers of MPI and other message-passing programming environments can interact. The 18th European MPI Users' Group Meeting will be a forum for the users and developers of MPI, but also welcome hybrid programing models that combine message passing with programming of modern architectures such as multi-core, or accelerators. Through the presentation of contributed papers, poster presentations and invited talks, attendees will have the opportunity to share ideas and experiences to contribute to the improvement and furthering of message-passing and related parallel programming paradigms.
Topics of interest for the meeting include, but are not limited to:
* Algorithms using the message-passing paradigm
* Applications in science and engineering based on message-passing
* User experiences in programming heterogeneous systems using MPI
* Tools and environments for programming heterogeneous systems using MPI
* MPI implementation issues and improvements
* Latest extensions to MPI
* MPI for high-performance computing, clusters and grid environments
* New message-passing and hybrid parallel programming paradigms
* Interaction between message-passing software and hardware
* Fault tolerance in message-passing programs
* Performance evaluation of MPI applications
* Tools and environments for MPI
Submissions on applications demonstrating both the potential and shortcomings of message passing programming and specifically MPI are particularly welcome.
As in previous years, the special session 'ParSim' will focus on numerical simulation for parallel engineering environments. Proposals for additional co-located workshops are welcome. EuroMPI 2011 will also hold the 'Outstanding Papers' session, where the best papers selected by the program committee will be presented.