SweDS 2021 : The 9th Swedish Workshop on Data Science
Call For Papers
SweDS 2021: The 9th Swedish Workshop on Data Science
December 2-3, 2021
Paper submission deadline: October 8th, 2021
# About the workshop
The 9th Swedish Workshop on Data Science (SweDS21) will be hosted by Linnaeus University in Växjö, Sweden, between the 2nd and 3rd of December 2021. SweDS is a national event with a focus of maintaining and developing Swedish data science research and its applications by fostering the exchange of ideas and promoting collaboration within and across disciplines. This annual workshop brings together researchers and practitioners of data science working in a variety of academic, commercial, industrial, or other sectors. Past workshops have included presentations from a variety of domains, e.g., computer science, linguistics, economics, archaeology, environmental science, education, journalism, medicine, health-care, biology, sociology, psychology, history, physics, chemistry, geography, forestry, design, and music.
# Call for Contributions
We invite academic and industrial researchers and practitioners to share their work by submitting papers and/or presenting posters. Contributions should be submitted in two different categories:
* Extended abstracts + Poster: contributions for the non-archival abstract/poster track can be 1 page long. Acceptable submissions for this track include description of in-progress works, previously-published works, student proposals, novel ideas, or works under review.
* Full papers: Maximum 6 pages of content (plus up to 2 pages of references) to be included in the planned proceedings. Submissions for this track are required to be novel, previously unpublished works that are not under review for other conferences or publications during the SweDS review cycle.
Accepted papers will be included in the workshop proceedings, which will be published by the IEEE Digital Library.
Further information and submission guidelines: https://easychair.org/cfp/SweDS21
# Keynote Speakers
* Prof. Dr. Alexandru Telea, Full professor in Visual Data Analytics (https://webspace.science.uu.nl/~telea001/Main/HomePage)
* Prof. Dr. Per Runeson, Professor of Software Engineering (https://cs.lth.se/per-runeson/)
* Dr. Antonina Danylenko, Machine Learning Engineering Manager at Spotify (https://se.linkedin.com/in/antoninadanylenko)
The event will be fully online, with no publication/registration fees (thanks to our sponsors!).
More details will be published in the website soon (https://lnu.se/en/sweds21).
# Workshop Chairs
* Dr. Rafael M. Martins (ISOVIS, Linnaeus University) (-- Contact @ email@example.com
* Dr. Morgan Ericsson (DISTA, Linnaeus University)
* Prof. Dr. Danny Weyns (AdaptWise, Linnaeus University / KU Leuven, BE)
# Organizing committee
* Diana Unander (Linnaeus University)
* Christian Engström (DSM, Linnaeus University)
* Kostiantyn Kucher (ISOVIS, Linnaeus University / iVis, Linköping University)
* Romain Herault (Linnaeus University)
* The main financial sponsor of SweDS 2021 is Fortnox AB (https://www.fortnox.se/). This workshop would not be possible without their contribution!
* Our main technical sponsor is the Swedish Chapter of the IEEE.