SOTM-EU 2011 : 1st State of the Map - Europe Conference
Call For Papers
* Call for Papers extended until 20-Mar-2011. *
The Austrian OpenStreetMap community is pleased to invite you to contribute to the 1st European State of the Map Conference (SotM-Europe) of the OpenStreetMap project, held July 15-17 in Vienna, Austria. After 4 successful and well-organised International State of the Map conferences, we are proud to offer an additional European edition of this well-received event.
Participants and focus
The conference addresses OSM mappers and community activists, open source developers, researchers from universities and academic institutions, designers and cartographers, as well as GIS professionals from private and public institutions. The conference will offer a common ground to people from various backgrounds and disciplines where they can meet and exchange knowledge, experiences, plans and ideas on the development, use and improvements of OSM. Focus will be on OSM-community issues in Europe. As the SotM-Europe will take place at the Vienna University of Technology, we would like to establish an additional focus on research with a relation to OpenStreetMap.
We invite you to contribute to the following themes of SotM-Europe:
* Mapping: The heart of the conference will be "maps maps maps" - share your insights on mapping, data, tagging, the state of the map in your country, etc...
* TechTalks: Share your knowledge and ideas on development, rendering and infrastructure.
* Powered by OpenStreetMap: You developed an exciting project / business idea based on OpenStreetMap? Tell us about your experiences!
* Convergence: We especially invite speakers to explore the scope of the open geo data world vs. the world of proprietary and authoritive data and software.
* Research: You are a researcher working with OpenStreetMap data, investigating the societal impacts of OSM or studying motivational factors? Share your findings with the OSM community!
* Other: You have an exciting idea that doesn't fit any the above themes? Tell us anyways :)
* Comprehensive talks, 45min
* Short talks, 20min
* Lightning talks: Short talks of 5 to 10 minutes. They will be organised in a more informal way on the Wiki and don't obey to the deadlines.
* (Panel) Discussions
All presenters have the option to submit a full paper for publication in electronic proceedings (especially recommended for researchers). Please let us know in the comment, if you are interested in this option.
Monday, 28 February 2011: End of Call for Papers
April 2011: Info on Acceptance
May 2011: Preliminary Conference Programme
Monday, 13 June 2011: Deadline for full paper submission (optional)
The programme will start on Friday, July 15 at about 1pm and end on Sunday, July 17 at about 1pm.
The main conference language is English.
The conference is organised by OpenStreetMap Austria in cooperation with the Research Group Cartography of the Vienna University of Technology.
You are now ready to submit your abstract? Go to the Submission form (https://sotm-eu.org/cfp/submission). We are very much looking foward to your contribution!