GIES 4th Forum 2021 : The 4th Wenzao European Forum: Europe’s Recovery Efforts from the Pandemic - Between Paralysis, Reconstruction and Reorientation
Call For Papers
Call for Papers:
The 4th Wenzao European Forum: Europe’s Recovery Efforts from the Pandemic - Between Paralysis, Reconstruction and Reorientation (ONLINE)
Since 2018, the Graduate Institute of European Studies (GIES) at Wenzao Ursuline University of Languages, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, organizes the Forum to explore current developments in Europe, and to establish a platform for dialogue and exchange in Southern Taiwan. The forum focuses on major Europe-related issues and invites domestic and international scholars to discuss questions of relevance across various fields of European studies.
Scope of the Forum:
Based on this year’s topic of the forum, the center of the discussion is on Europe’s
pandemic recovery measures and their consequences for the future. The forum aims to explore the effectiveness of recovery measures in European countries and evaluate prospects for the post-pandemic era.
The forum welcomes contributions from various academic fields such as politics, economics, law, education, environment, health, etc., and looks forward to exploring the following issues:
• In what ways has the Covid-19 crisis changed Europe and its relation to the world?
• What are the main challenges Europe faces under the rapidly changing international context?
• How to assess the efforts of European countries, the EU, academic institutions, NGOs, and other actors in the recovery of Europe?
• Can we observe major trends in the carried-out reforms and innovative approaches across different fields?
• What is the role of Europe (and European actors) in the post-pandemic era?
We invite scholars and experts in related academic fields to submit an abstract and present a paper at the online forum.
Graduate Institute of European Studies, Wenzao Ursuline University of Languages,
Kaohsiung, Taiwan (文藻外語大學歐洲研究所)
Due to the Covid-Pandemic, the Forum will be held online.
Please submit your abstract (300 words) along with the application form to
[Please indicate "Abstract submission: 4th Wenzao European Forum" in the subject line
of the email]
In case of questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Graduate Institute of European Studies: https://c052.wzu.edu.tw/