IETES 2011 : Special Session on Innovations in Educational Technology and E-learning
Call For Papers
Special Session on Innovations in Educational Technology and E-learning
Title: Innovations in Educational Technology and E-learning
Chair: Dr. Shadi Aljawarneh
• e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
The ETDC2011 proceedings will be published in the “Communications in Computer and Information Science” (CCIS) Series of Springer LNCS.
It is our great pleasure to invite you to submit a paper to a Special Session on Innovations in Educational Technology and E-learning as part of in The International Conference on Electronic Technologies and Digital Computing http://www.sdiwc.net/lb/index.php) that will be held in Baniwalid, Libya, on Sept. 13-15, 2011. The event will be held over two days, with presentations delivered by researchers from the international community, including presentations from keynote speakers and state-of-the-art lectures.
The special session will accept submissions online through the conference website. After the online submission, please send email to the special chair session to inform him of the submssion. Paper submissions should be limited to a maximum of 15 pages according to the conference format, and will be reviewed by the Program Committee on the basis of technical quality, relevance to Web mining, originality, significance, and clarity.
Aims and Goals of the Session
The aim of this session is to bring together academics and practitioners from the fields of Engineering Education, Educational Technologies, and Educational Systems Engineering in order to show the recent advances and innovations in technology-enabled education at the university level in emerging nations.
The main focus of this session is on new and innovative applications of technology-enabled education in schools. The submissions could demonstrate the leadership role of universities in reaching down to schools and reaching up to life-long learners, with the goal of bringing technology-enabled education to learners of all ages.
The session committee invites researchers and practitioners to submit abstract/ article for presentations relating to the following topics.
• New trends in e-learning
• Mobile learning and application development
• Virtual universities and distance education
• Best practices of e-learning
• Intellectual property issues related to e-learning
• E-learning and community institutions
• Social networks and second generation applications of e-learning
• Development process for e-learning
• Instructional design for e-learning
• Emerging trends in the design of e-learning environments
• Teaching strategies for e-learning
• Virtual classrooms and laboratories
• Smart devices for e-learning and distance learning
• New technologies for learners with special needs
• Policies for e-learning
• Knowledge management in e-learning systems
• E-learning resource management
• Distance education universities and their management systems
• Quality assurance in e-learning and distance education
• Assessment issues in education and e-learning
• Infrastructe of e-learning systems and applications
• Effects of E-learning in education and Engineering
Submission of Papers
Researchers are encouraged to submit their work electronically. Submitted paper should not exceed 15 pages, including illustrations. Papers are to be numbered starting from page one. Papers should be submitted electronically as MS word or pdf format without author(s) name. All papers will be fully refereed by a minimum of two specialized referees. Before final acceptance, all referees comments must be considered. Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings. Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings. Best papers awards will be distributed during the conference.
Authors should format the papers according to the Springer template.
Please note that for Libya conference, the registration fees cover the accomodation.
You can send the manuscript by email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: ETDC2011 Paper Submission: Special Session on Innovations in Educational Technology and E-learning ). Please provide following information in your email: Names and complete address details of all authors (including email addresses), and Title of the submission.