DSMDS 2011 : The First International Workshop on Dependable and Secure Medical Devices and Systems
Call For Papers
Emerging technology advancements in the sensing, networking, and hardware/software industries have enabled design and development of medical systems with different applications and complexities. However, the rapidly increasing complexity of medical devices to achieve new functionalities and wide use of wearable devices for personalized healthcare raise new challenges in terms of reliability, performability, patient safety, and security. Thus, the cost-effective development of highly dependable and secure medical systems is becoming an important concern. We look forward to new ideas and systematic methodologies to address these technical concerns, for revolutionizing the manner next-generation reliable medical systems are designed, manufactured, validated, and integrated.
This half-day workshop will be held on Monday, June 27, 2011, co-located with the 41st IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN 2011) in Hong Kong, China. The workshop will include keynote and research presentations selected by the technical program committee.
We invite submissions from all areas of biomedical systems, with particular concerns on performance, reliability, safety, and security.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
* Reliability and performance metrics, real-time design constraints
* Smart sensors and distributed control in networked systems
* Secure telemedicine, remote health monitoring, and e-Health
* Reliable wearable and implantable systems for healthcare
* Robust software development for medical devices
* Reconfigurable custom computing platforms for biomedicine
* Adaptive patient-specific and disease-specific algorithms
* Trusted RFID medical tracking and tagging, privacy protection
* Threat modeling and security attacks against medical systems
* Regulatory policies for security of medical systems
Submissions must be between 4-6 pages and adhere to the to the IEEE Computer Society 8.5"x11" two-column camera-ready format. Each paper must be submitted as a single PDF file through the submission website: https://www.softconf.com/c/dsmds2011.
Workshop papers will be published and archived as a separate 'DSN-W' volume on IEEE Xplore.
* Zhanpeng Jin, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
* Homa Alemzadeh, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
* Allen Cheng (Nokia Research)
* Alessandro Forin (Microsoft Research)
* Jos Huisken (IMEC)
* Ravishankar K. Iyer (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
* Zbigniew Kalbarczyk (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
* Bozena Kaminska (Simon Fraser Univiresity)
* Insup Lee (University of Pennsylvania)
* Hock Beng Lim (Nanyang Technological University)
* Steve Liu (Texas A&M University)
* Aleksandar Milenkovic (University of Alabama)
* Mark Porter (Medtronic)
* Majid Sarrafzadeh (University of California - Los Angeles)
* Lui Sha (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
* Mingui Sun (Univeristy of Pittsburgh Medical Center)
* Qixin Wang (Hong Kong Polytechnic University)