CivSec 2011 : Civil Security Challenges
Call For Papers
=== Published as vol. 24 of Information & Security: An International Journal ====
Information & Security: An International Journal
Special issue on
Civil Security Challenges
Editor: Prof. Stefan Hadjitodorov
There is a growing interest to theoretical approaches and good practices in addressing challenges to security that do not fit clearly into the traditional delineation between foreign threats and threats to the individual. Respectively, such threats cannot be addressed with the traditional methods and tools of territorial defence and state sovereignty, on one hand, and law enforcement on the other.
These challenges are examined under the rubric of civil or societal security. The Editorial Board of Information & Security: An International Journal (I&S) announces the preparation of this special I&S issue to examine conceptual, organisational, doctrinal, and technological developments in enhancing the security.
The issue will include presentations of concepts, approaches, methods, and technologies supporting:
- Analysis of threats and challenges to civil security and identification of trends in their development
- Conceptual developments: homeland/ civil/ societal/ human security
- Identification and assessment of critical vulnerabilities
- Transforming security sector: required capabilities; integration, coordination, and specialization; approaches to capabilities-based planning in the security sector
- Organizing for homeland/ societal security: hierarchies vs networks; command and control issues; public-private partnerships, etc.
- Planning for and analysis of experience from operations for protection of civil security, consequence management and recovery
- Planning and development of capabilities for protection of civil security
- Technologies enhancing civil security
- Education and training in transforming security organizations.
Editor of this special I&S issue is Prof. Stefan Hadjitodorov, Chief Scientific Secretary of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. Interested authors may submit their papers to the editor with a copy to the I&S Managing Editor.
For questions, proposals and submissions of book reviews, description of Web sites and other related initiatives address the I&S Managing Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission of full texts: 1 March 2011
- Expected publication: 31 May 2011
For instructions for preparation of articles and additional information: http://infosec.procon.bg