AmericasHPCC 2021 : Americas HPC Collaboration Workshop Virtual
Call For Papers
About the Americas HPC Collaboration Workshop
The first edition of the Americas High Performance Computing (HPC) Collaboration Workshop seeks to showcase collaborations that have resulted from the partnerships formed between researchers and entities across the Americas, from Patagonia to Alaska, including Caribbean institutions.
The event will also share opportunities and experiences between HPC Networks and Laboratories from countries in North, Central, South America, and the Caribbean. The goal of this workshop is to highlight the current state of the art in continental collaboration in HPC, and the latest developments of regional collaborative activities.
The Americas HPC Collaboration Workshop is co-located with the Latin America High Performance Computing Conference (CARLA) 2021.
Scope and Audience
- Researchers and authors of projects developed within the last (3) three years including at least two institutions from different countries (preference will be given to partnerships between different sub-continents).
- Researchers must be undergraduate or graduate students, researchers, professors, or professionals from the HPC field.
- Authors interested in collaboration and mainly in non-profit projects for the Americas interests.
Submission deadline (Abstract only): September 14, 2021
Notification: September 17, 2021
Conference dates: October 4 to October 8 2021
- Authors should consult Springer's authors' guidelines and use their proceedings templates, either for LaTeX or for MSWord, for the preparation of their articles: template https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines. Springer encourages authors to include their ORCIDs in their articles. To create an ORCID ID please visit https://orcid.org/register
- All submissions must be in English, the only official language of the conference. Regular articles should not exceed 15 pages (including references).
- Articles must be formatted in the LNCS style of Springer Verlag LNCS style (see details at https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines)
- All submitted research articles will be peer-reviewed by at least three reviewers.
- Only contributions that are not submitted elsewhere or currently under review will be considered.
- Only accepted contributions presented at the conference will be included in the proceedings.
- Article submission is handled electronically with Springer’s Online Conference System: https://ocs.springer.com/ocs/home/CARLA2021
- Contribution Submission must be tagged as 'AmericasHPCCollaboration'
- All articles accepted for publication will be included in the CARLA 2021 Proceedings, to be published in the CARLA2021 Special Edition of Computación y Sistemas: http://cys.cic.ipn.mx after the camera ready process. The Computación y Sistemas journal is indexed in the CONACYT Index of Excellence of Mexican Journals, Scopus, Web of Science (core collection-emerging sources), E-Journal, REDIB, Latindex, Biblat, Periodica, DBLP, and SciELO (part of Web of Science).
Verónica Vergara (Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA)
Silvio Rizzi (Argonne National Laboratory, USA)
Esteban Meneses (Centro Nacional de Alta Tecnología, Costa Rica)
Benjamín Hernández (Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA)
Philippe Navaux (Universidade Federal de Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil)
Carlos J. Barrios (Universidad Industrial de Santander, Colombia)