NG-RES 2022 : NG-RES: Workshop on Next Generation Real-Time Embedded Systems
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
NG-RES 2022: Third Workshop on Next Generation Real-Time Embedded Systems
January 17-19(*), 2022 - Budapest, Hungary
Co-located with HiPEAC 2022
(*) exact date of the workshop within HiPEAC 2022 has not been scheduled yet.
The Organizing Committees of the NG-RES workshop and HiPEAC are aware of the current COVID-19 situation. At this time, HiPEAC is planned to be a normal non-virtual conference. The HiPEAC committee will monitor the situation and potentially change the event to be a virtual conference in the coming months. We will inform you as soon as any news is available.
The NG-RES workshop focuses on real-time embedded systems, with particular emphasis on the distributed and parallel aspects. The workshop is a venue for both the networking and multicore real-time communities aiming at cross-fertilization and multi-disciplinary approaches to the design of embedded systems.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Programming models, paradigms and frameworks for real-time computation on parallel and heterogeneous architectures
- Networking protocols and services (e.g., clock synchronization) for distributed real-time embedded systems
- Scheduling and schedulability analysis for distributed and/or parallel real-time systems
- System-level software and technologies (e.g. RTOSs, hypervisors, separation kernels, virtualization) for parallel and heterogeneous architectures
- Application of formal methods to distributed and/or parallel real-time systems
- Compiler-assisted solutions for distributed and/or parallel real-time systems
- Middlewares for distributed and/or parallel real-time systems
The workshop welcomes contributions presenting original research, contributions from the industry and position papers for European research projects.
- Paper submission: October 22th, 2021
- Acceptance notification: November 26th, 2021
- Camera ready: December 3rd, 2021
Accepted papers will be published in the OpenAccess Series in Informatics.
Marko Bertogna, Università di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy
Federico Terraneo, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Federico Reghenzani, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Alberto Leva, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Ashik Ahmed Bhuiyan, University of Central Florida, United States
Benny K. Akesson, TNO, Netherlands
Christine Rochange, Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse, France
Filip Markovic, Mälardalen University, Sweden
Jaume Abella Ferrer, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain
Lucia Lo Bello, University of Catania, Italy
Luís Almeida, Universidade do Porto, Portugal
Jürgen Teich, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
Marco Solieri, Università di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy
Roberto Cavicchioli, Università di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy