IEEE CCEM 2021 : The Tenth IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing in Emerging Markets (CCEM), 27th - 30th October 2021, New Jersey, USA
Call For Papers
The tenth edition of the IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing in Emerging Markets (CCEM) offers an ideal platform for innovators, researchers and students on Cloud computing and its associated technology areas and applications - these have emerged as a dominant and transformational paradigm influencing many institutions and industry-sectors such as Health, Governance, Banking, Finance, Telecommunications, Education, Retail, Energy, Utilities, and Transportation. Innovations in this, span a number of areas including virtualization, networking, storage, security, management of cloud services – hybrid & on-premise, efficient interoperable cloud architectures, as well as design of cloud applications and services. Cloud Computing is also a major driver of sustainable Information Technology and more broadly an enabler of achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals for this decade. This transformation has great implications for emerging markets & Nations, in their adoption of cloud computing, by combining cloud computing, social media, and mobile technologies to introduce unique services that can transform the lives of billions, drive a much larger scale of adoption & challenge existing price points, while solving unique challenges in areas such as security, data privacy and user interfaces to cloud computing.
This highly focused IEEE CCEM-2021 is targeted at potential participants planning to submit their research papers, techno-business plan showcase and Competition, or student-project-showcase and competition. We encourage proposal submissions for innovative cloud-based-systems in the world of BigData, AI, ML/DL & IoT that address emerging market problems as well as solutions from it for the World. The conference participants, if selected based on their submission, get an opportunity to present their ideas, and obtain professional feedback as well as mentoring in an encouraging and nurturing environment. Certificates and cash awards will be given for the three most innovative papers submitted across these three areas viz., (1) Research-paper submissions (2) techno-biz-plan showcases (3) student project showcases
The current plan is that the 2021 edition of the CCEM will run as a virtual event during October 27-30, 2021 . Please check the conference website for updates.
Topics of Interest in this Conference include Technologies & applications with Cloud/Big Data/AI/Deep Learning/IoT, both for & from Emerging Markets:
· Design of Cloud Computing services, especially for emerging markets – infrastructure, platform, database, software, network, storage, e-governance, and business process
· Utilizing/enhancing the Cloud for Big data & Predictive analytics
· Cloud Computing, AI, and IoT for Sustainability
· Social & Mobile computing advances leveraging the Cloud
· Internet of Things enabled by Cloud, Big Data & AI
· Big Data Analytics & AI-driven predictive computing
· The intersection of Cloud with Cognitive Computing and Artificial Intelligence
· Deep Learning in Cloud Environments
· Conversational AI & Multimodal Interactions
· Advances in virtualization of hardware & software services, Cloud Networking
· Security, privacy, governance, and compliance management in Cloud
· DevOps, Monitoring, management, & maintenance in Cloud Computing environments
· Performance optimization in Hybrid Cloud Environments
· Cloud Computing Solutions for different Industries & verticals
· Legal Aspects & Service Level Agreements in Cloud Computing & Data Privacy
Additionally, the areas of path-breaking innovative application interest include:
· Acceleration of achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
· Affordable Healthcare: Eco-systems, Devices Management, e-Health Data, e-Health Networks including Covid19 Pandemic infomation dissemination and Management
· Swachha Bharat: Clean & Green Environments & Spaces,
· Leveraging IndiaStack & digital payment solutions
· Smart cities - Intelligent management of Resources, Healthcare, Security, Amenities, Education, Infrastructure Transportation, Energy & Civil services Management
· Affordable Security and Privacy of data in the cloud, sensor networks, and IoT
· Intelligent Automation of IT Systems & Processes
Call for Technical Research Papers:
We invite technical papers on all topics relevant to Cloud Computing in Emerging Markets as listed above. Papers should typically include a clear description of the problem being addressed, an overview of and comparison to related work, the theoretical framework/model proposed by the authors, experimental results, and conclusions. Papers will be reviewed by an international program committee which will ensure that only high-quality papers with originality and novelty are accepted for presentation at the conference. The papers can be either
· A full research paper of a maximum of 8 pages with complete and substantial research outcomes
· A short research paper of 4 pages that is complete but discussing a limited contribution. The short paper track also provides authors to present good engineering work or negative results that will otherwise not qualify to meet the stringent guidelines of a full research paper.
Please follow the paper/proposal template mandatorily as given on the website. The selected full and short research papers will be published as part of the conference proceedings which can be indexed through IEEE Xplore. The conference will publicly announce the winner of the Best Paper Award. Submission Link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ieeeccem2021
Call for TechnoBizPlan Showcase Proposals:
The TechnoBizPlan-Showcase session at CCEM enables start-up companies, established companies, professionals,Students (from Management/Engineering/Non-Engineering Schools or Colleges), and faculties to demonstrate the cutting-edge capabilities and ideas in the field of cloud computing which can be incubated into product and/or service offerings. The CCEM Conference has showcased innovative technologies in previous years as well and these sessions have been very interactive with the conference audience that has also included reputed venture capitalists.
The TechnoBizPlan proposals should typically include:
- an overview of the technology innovations being leveraged,
-top use cases for the innovation & product/service offerings,
-comparison to competing technologies and alternatives, market analysis, financials, risk assessment & mitigation
- link to a three minute or less uploaded YouTube video demo.
Please follow the paper/proposal template mandatorily as given in the website. The top two submissions will have an opportunity to present an elevator pitch before the conference participants. The reviewed and accepted proposals will get an opportunity to present their ideas to the Review Committee which would be drawn from Academia, Industry and Venture Capitalists. The best pitch will win the "10th IEEE CCEM 2021 TechnoBizPlan Competition Award". A short but substantial 3 page write-up as per template above of the accepted TechnoBiz plans will be published and will be published on our website. Submission Link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ieeeccem2021
Call for Student Project Showcase Proposals:
The Student-Project-Showcase offers an opportunity for under-graduate and graduate students to do more constructive academic projects to analyse how cloud computing can be leveraged to assuage problems of emerging markets. Reviewed and accepted proposals will have a dedicated space for presentation and demos. The CCEM Conference has showcased innovative technologies implemented by students in their projects in previous years as well and these sessions have been very interactive with the conference audience.
Each submission should have at least one Professor/Mentor from their college/university, who would have guided them, and should typically include the following :
- an overview of the technology innovations being leveraged,
-top use cases for the innovations,
-comparison to competing technologies and alternatives, architecture, design and implementation challenges
- a link to a three minute or less uploaded YouTube video demo.
-Please follow the paper/proposal template mandatorily as given in the website.
The top two submissions will have an opportunity to present the Student Project Showcase concept before the conference participants.
The best Project presentation will win the "10th IEEE CCEM 2021 Student Project Showcase Competition Award and Special Mentions ". A short but substantial 3 page writeup as per template above of the accepted Student Project Showcase will be published on our website. Submission Link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ieeeccem2021
Call for Research Scholar Symposium:
We invite masters and Ph.D. students to submit a 3-page synopsis of their thesis proposals in Cloud Computing. The Research Students Thesis Proposals MiniSymposium session will give selected Masters and Doctoral students an opportunity to present the gist of their thesis proposal and obtain constructive feedback from experts in the field. The selected Proposals in the given 3-page template format will be published on our website. This will enable research students to collaborate with other research labs/industry. Submission Link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ieeeccem2021
Call for Tutorial Proposals:
We are delighted to announce IEEE CCEM 2021 will host at least 12 selected one-hour lightning tutorials on the latest interesting topics in the areas of Cloud Computing, BigData Analytics & Machine Learning. The tutorials will be part of the main conference technical program and are free of charge to the attendees of the conference. Please submit a one-page proposal as per the template given.Submission Link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ieeeccem2021
Deadline for the Submission of Research Papers/ Tutorial Proposals: 18th July 2021
Acceptance Notification: 19th September 2021
Early Bird Registration: 26th September 2021
Camera-Ready submissions: 1st October 2021
Deadline for the submission of Research Scholar Symposium, TechnoBiz Plan and Student Project Showcase Proposals: 15th September 2021
Acceptance Notification: 15th October 2021
The 10th IEEE CCEM Conference 2021: October 27-30, 2021
It is mandatory for authors to follow the paper/proposal template as given on the website while submitting proposals. Please visit the URL for Conference Details, Registration as well as Event Updates: https://2021.ieeeccem.org/. For Enquiries, please write to email@example.com
IEEE CCEM 2021 Steering Committee: Dr. Gopal Pingali, Dr. T.S. Mohan, Prof. D. Janakiram, Dr. Rong N. Chang & Prof. Rajkumar Buyya.
IEEE CCEM 2021 General Chairs: Dr. Sreekrishnan Venkiteswaran, Prof. Sanjay Chitnis, & Raj Tumuluri.
Technical Program Committee Chairs: Dr.-Ing. habil. Josef Spillner, Dr. Takayuki Kushida, & Dr. K. V. Subramaniam.
Finance Chair: Ms. Vaijayanthi B. Desai.