ESS - 2011 : Euprera Spring Symposium 2011
Call For Papers
Ten years on from the publication of keynote speaker David Phillips’ ground-breaking book, Online Public Relations, the EUPRERA Spring Symposium 2011 invites academics and practitioners to address a range of questions which will define the development of Public Relations thinking across a range of areas core to the effective evolution of the discipline.
The organisers of EuroBlog 2011 will be particularly interested to consider proposals for papers that engage with the following Sub Themes
1. Does the online revolution make PR more or less important to organisational success?
- how can the PR function claim ownership of an organisation’s conversational space?
- how can PR use social media to enhance sustainability within organisations?
what new skills and theoretical frameworks are needed for PR to meet the new territorial challenges and opportunities brought by the move online?
Can research help inform the next generation of mobile and experiential practice
2. Mapping new conversations: why effective monitoring and evaluation is key to building successful online relationships
- critical analysis of new tools and methodolgies
- interpreting raw data in a values system framing
- case studies of successful, innovative engagement
3. Digital opportunity: What are European academics contributing to theory and practice?
- what are the challenges when synthesising an understanding of online into evolving theoretical framings?
- knowledge transfer: what are the obstacles to integrating academic findings into organisational practice?
- what are the key questions which practitioners wish academics to answer?
4. Public Relations, Practical Revolutions: the view from industry
- critical analysis of best practice case studies
- critical analysis of the boundaries to successful stakeholder engagement
- suggestions for future applied reseach collaborations between industry and EUPRERA academics
The deadline for abstracts is January 10 and full papers February 21st. Feedback on acceptance will be given by January 20th.
Around 1000 words (3 pages);
Max. 7000 words, not including references, tables and figures.
Times New Roman 12 pt
File format should be ODF, RTF or DOC
Abstract should be sent by email to email@example.com
Escola Superior de Comunicação Social – School of Communication and Media Studies