BIC-TA 2011 : Sixth International Conference on Bio-Inspired Computing: Theories and Applications
Conference Series : Bio-Inspired Computing: Theories and Applications
Call For Papers
The Sixth International Conference on Bio-Inspired Computing: Theories and Applications (BIC-TA 2011).
Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia.
September 27 - 29, 2011.
---Second Call for Papers---
---The submission due date is extended to 22 April 2011 (Friday)---
Bio-Inspired Computing: Theories and Applications (BIC-TA) is one of the flagship conferences on Bio-Computing bringing together the world's leading scientists from different areas of Natural Computing. Since 2006 the conferences have taken place at Wuhan (2006), Zhengzhou (2007), Adelaide (2008), Beijing (2009) and Liverpool & Changsha (2010). Following the successes of previous events, the Sixth International Conference on Bio-Inspired Computing: Theories and Applications (BIC-TA 2011) is being organised and hosted for the first time in Malaysia by the School of Computer Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang, 27th to 29th September, 2011. BIC-TA 2011 aims to provide a high-level international forum for researchers with different backgrounds working in the related areas to present their latest results and exchange ideas.
The proceedings of the BIC-TA 2011 will be indexed by the Scopus, EI and IEEE Xplore (pending approval). Authors of selected high quality papers will be invited to revise and extend their work for publication in a special issue of SCI journals. Details about the post-conference publication will be provided in due course.
The topics of the conference are as follows (but not limited to):
Theories, Methodologies and Experimental Results
* Neural Networks.
* Evolutionary Computing and Genetic Algorithms.
* DNA and Molecular Computing.
* Biological Computing.
* Swarm Intelligence.
* Autonomy-Oriented Computing.
* Cellular and Molecular Automata.
* Complex Systems.
* Computational Neuroscience.
* Computational Neoroscience.
* Artificial Life and Artificial Immune Systems.
* Signal Processing and Pattern Recognition.
* Data Fusion, Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining.
* Expert Systems.
* Computer Security.
* Computer Vision.
* DNA Nanotechnology.
* Web and Networks.
* Multi-Objective Optimization.
* Bioinformatics and Cheminformatics.
* Parallel Computing.
* Natural Language Processing.
* Extension of submission due date: 22 April, 2011 (Friday).
* Acceptance notification: 15 May, 2011 (Sunday).
* Camera-ready version: 3 June, 2011 (Friday).
* Author registration: 3 June, 2011 (Friday).
Papers submitted for review should represent original, previously unpublished work. At the time the paper is submitted to the BIC-TA 2011, and for the entire review period, the paper should not be under reviewed by any other conferences or scientific journals. All submissions will be reviewed by experts in the field based on originality, significance and clarity.
Pre-conference workshop and tutorials will be held on 26 September 2011.