EAI AISCOVID-19 2021 : 2nd EAI International Conference on AI-assisted Solutions for COVID-19 and Biomedical Applications in Smart-Cities
Call For Papers
EAI AISCOVID-19 2021 will be held as a fully-fledged online conference (with an on-site possibility).
If the local situation allows it, the event will take place on-site in its original location with an option for all authors to present remotely.
In any case, all matters related to publication and indexing will remain unchanged.
COVID-19, known as the Corona Virus Disease 19, is a disease which created a significant impact in the world population from 2019 until current days. Moreover, there are a lot of uncertainty regarding transmission, detection and effective treatment. How it spreads, prevention measures and vaccinations issues need to be further investigation and tests. Artificial Intelligence (AI) and computer-assisted paradigms can play a key role in achieving many effective and efficient solutions. Currently, smart cities infrastructure includes a number of smart devices, having the sensing and data routing capabilities to communicate with each other using various protocols, allowing the disease updates to be accessed any-time from anywhere. Such devices, have the potential to provide innovative services which could not be possible in any other way. Innovative work should shed the light on potential mobile Internet, big data, artificial intelligence, cloud computing and other modern information technology that can build the required online and cost-efficient medical service platforms.
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
- Springer Wireless Networks Journal (WINET) (IF: 2.659)
- Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal (IF: 2.602)
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Pervasive Health and Technology (Open Access) – indexed in Scopus & Ei Compendex
Additional publication opportunities:
- EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing Book Series
(titles in this series are indexed in Ei Compendex, Web of Science & Scopus)
The works that will be presented at conference will focus on the following topics:
- AI in the Internet of Medical Things (IoMT)
- AI in IoT-oriented medical applications
- AI and IoT paradigms in sustainable education systems
- AI/IoT solutions in smart cities traffic systems
- Deep Learning for COVID-19 and alike diagnosis
- Neural Network for medical diagnosis
- AI-oriented in hospital and online diagnosis
- Collaboration of Image Progressing and ML for COVID-19 and alike diagnosis
- Collaboration of Computer Communication and ML for COVID-19 and alike diagnosis
- Use cases of computer-assisted COVID-19 and alike detection systems
- COVID-19 Patient Care and Treatment using ML-oriented systems
- Emerging Networks solutions for improved medical diagnosis results
- Intelligent Hardware solutions for COVID-19 and alike diagnosis
- Effective use of computer communication and ML for solving open medical problems
- Healthcare standards and onthologies for effective information systems implementation such as OpenEHR,
- Snomed and FHIR
- Next Generation Networks (NGNs) and ML solutions for medical diagnosis
- Security and privacy aspects in medical diagnosis
Keywords: IoT; Artificial Intelligence; Machine Learning; Deep Learning; COVID-19; Computer-assisted systems; Security and privacy; OpenEHR; Snomed; FHIR
José Machado - University of Minho, Portugal
Hugo Peixoto - University of Minho, Portugal
Technical Program Committee Chairs
José Luis Calvo Rolle - University of Coruna, Spain
Ichiro Satoh - National Institute of Informatics, Japan
Júlio Duarte - University of Minho, Portugal
This event is organized by EAI (www.eai.eu).
EAI – European Alliance for Innovation is a non-profit organization and a professional community established in cooperation with the European Commission to empower global research and innovation, and to promote cooperation between European and International ICT communities.