OASIS 2021 : International Workshop on OPEN CHALLENGES IN ONLINE SOCIAL NETWORKS
Call For Papers
OASIS 2021: International Workshop on OPEN CHALLENGES IN ONLINE SOCIAL NETWORKS
to be held in conjunction with 32nd ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media
30 August-2 September 2021, Virtual event
Accepted papers will be included in the ACM Digital Library.
## SPECIAL ISSUES
All accepted papers will be included in the ACM Digital Library. Selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version to special issues. Special issues will be announced as they are confirmed.
## MOTIVATION AND RATIONALE
Today, Social Media are one of the main parts of daily life by affecting sociality, but they are also important channels through which information travels faster than ever. The rapid growth in popularity has opened new challenging problems which involve numerous fields in computer science. These issues have implications on social graph analysis, trust and security, and so on.
Moreover, privacy issues and the usage of mobile devices have opened new research fields in the design of decentralized online social networks, which can be considered one of the most important challenges. Furthermore, the current improvement concerning the study and the proposal of new approaches for Social Networks and Media involves not only complex network analysis, and, in particular, the decentralization of social services, but also the introduction of new AI solutions.
The workshop targets researchers, doctoral students, people from industry and other people interested in discussing, reflecting and networking on central themes associated with the development and the use of social networks.
Authors are solicited to submit original, previously unpublished papers in the following, but not limited to, topic areas:
* Social Networks Design and Analysis
* Security, Trust, and Privacy in Social Networks and Media
* Decentralized Social Networking applications: P2P, Cloud, and Mobile
* Blockchain Social Media: analysis and applications
* Social Sensing and Sentiment Analysis
* Text analysis in OSNs
* Data Mining for OSNs and Media
* Dynamic Network Analysis in OSNs
* AI for OSNs and Media
* Social Dynamics
* Mobility Data and Analysis for Social Media
* Ethics in Social Media Analysis
## IMPORTANT DATES
* Submission deadline: July 5, 2021
* Notification of acceptance: August 16, 2021
* Workshop August 30, 2021
* Camera Ready: September 5, 2021
## ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
* Barbara Guidi, University of Pisa, Italy
* Laura Ricci, University of Pisa, Italy
* Andrea Michienzi, University of Pisa, Italy