IVC-HSTT 2021 : IVC-HSTT 2021 : INTERNATIOANAL VIRTUAL COURSE ON HIGH SPEED TRAIN TECHNOLOGY
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
Faculty of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering - Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
INTERNATIONAL VIRTUAL COURSE ON HIGH SPEED TRAIN TECHNOLOGY
The railway transport system is known for a long time as an environmentally-friendly transport system, that has high passenger or cargo capacity for medium range transports at relatively low cost and low energy consumption and emissions per passenger, particularly when it is electrically driven. It has also a good safety record. Rail transport also has an answer to today's demand of speed, that is high speed trains, with speeds of up to 400 km/h. The high speed train system is an exciting field both with regard to technological as well as societal and economical aspects. The increase of speed requires many aspects in technology to be considered, such as dynamics, stability, aerodynamics, etc. However, these requirements have the consequence of increasing the investment cost as well as operation and maintenance costs.
With more countries now developing and implementing high speed train transport systems, it is important that students are exposed to this technology. Hence, the Faculty of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at the Institut Teknologi Bandung plans to organize an International virtual summer course on “High Speed Train Transport”, in collaboration with KTH Royal Institute of Technology – Sweden, and Chiba University - Japan. The objective of this summer course is to have a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural interaction among international students as future leaders to learn and discuss important aspects of high speed trains, both with respect to technological as well as societal and economical aspects.
This course is offered for Final year undergraduate or Postgraduate students from all countries. Participants from professionals are also welcome. The course will be given by experienced experts from international universities and industries, with hands-on assignments and projects using commercial tools. This course also offers certificate and course transcript (equivalent to 3 credit units) for participants completing this course.
This program offers two types of participation: Full participation and listening/seat-in participation. Full participation will receive everything the program has to offer which requires active engagement from the participants. Seat-in participation provides a more flexible option for participants who would like to only enjoy the expert-given lectures.
1. Expected to attend at least 70% of all classes.
2. Required to engage with tutorials, assignments, and discussion sessions.
3. Will be required to submit their coursework and will receive evaluation for their work.
4. Entitled for an E-transcript equivalent to 3 credits by the end of the course. *
1. Expected to attend at least 70% of all classes.
2. Not required to attend tutorial or complete assignments.
3. Will receive E-certificate of attendance by the end of the course.
4. Will be given lecture notes and materials.
*) Issued by committee, please contact for more details
This event will be conducted on June 14th – July 12th, 2021
31 May 2021 : Application deadline
7 June 2021 : Announcement of selected participants
14 June 2021: First day of virtual course
This course is free for students from around the world!
1. Senior Undergraduate Students
2. Graduate Students
3. Non-Student Participants (Fees: 250 USD)
Pre-registration form : bit.ly/FTMDVirtualCourseRegistration
1. Overview of high speed train implementations with case studies
2. Power train, pantograph and electric drive system
3. Structure and bogie design
4. Dynamic vehicle-track interaction aspects like running stability and ride comfort
5. Aerodynamics and running resistance
6. Manufacturing technology
7. Noise, vibration and harshness
8. Train control management system
9. Maintenance strategy
10. Safety system
11. Economical aspects of high speed train implementation
12. Societal impacts and issues of railway and high speed train development to society
1. Dr.Ir. I Wayan Suweca (Institut Teknologi Bandung)
2. Pramudita Satria Palar, Ph.D (Institut Teknologi Bandung)
3. Prof. Dr. -Ing. Ir. Yul Yunazwin (Institut Teknologi Bandung)
4. Dr.Ir. Rachman Setiawan (Institut Teknologi Bandung)
5. Satrio Wicaksono, Ph.D (Institut Teknologi Bandung)
6. Yunendar Aryo Handoko, Ph.D (Institut Teknologi Bandung)
7. Prof.Dr.Ir Pekik Argo Dahono (Institut Teknologi Bandung)
8. Dr. Hiroyasu Kobayashi (Chiba University)
9. Prof. Sebastian Stichel (KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
10. Carlos Casanueva (KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
11. Karl Bolin (KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
12. Mats Berg (KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
13. Oskar Fröidh (KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
14. Per Wennhage (KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
15. Rickard Persson (KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
16. Zhendong Liu (KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
17. Zuheir Barsoum (KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
18. Dr. Febry Pandu Wijaya (PT INKA)
19. Expert from PT KCIC (High-speed Rail Company, Indonesia)
For more information, please contact : email@example.com