VTC Fall Workshop 2021 : W12 - V2X Technology Evolution towards 5G-Advanced (5.5G V2X)
Call For Papers
- Shaobo Wang, Huawei Technologies, China
- Lajos Hanzo, University of Southampton, UK
- Robert W. Heath Jr., North Carolina State University, US
- Shaoshi Yang, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
Harmonized Communication and Sensing (HCS) for Industry-Oriented Applications, by Wei Ye, Huawei, China
With the rapid development of automotive industry and global commercialization of 5G network, the future of transportation will become a higher integration between physical and information systems. By connecting the individual vehicles via wireless Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) links, a wide spectrum of applications, such as real-time HD-map delivery and distributed sensor sharing based on advanced intelligent transportation systems (ITS), will go live to improve the driving safety and operating efficiency of vehicle networks.
In essence, V2X communications can acquire lots of advantages and thus accelerate the development of L4/L5 autonomous driving. We envision that future smart vehicle is able to gather massive high-resolution information through on-board sensors such as mmWave radar, LiDAR and camera, and share it with surrounding vehicles via high-capacity V2X links. By such means, vehicles can be grouped to apply real-time and high-reliability collaborative driving maneuvers, particularly in complicated road conditions and operational environments. The above communication and sensing interaction technique is typically referred to as Harmonized Communication and Sensing (HCS), which has become an emerging research topic in recent years.
While research into HCS based V2X and other aspects of vehicle interaction are still in the early stage, it is essential to establish a clear vision of future V2X technology to provide guidance for academic researchers and industrial partners. Thus, we believe this workshop will bring a good opportunity to attendees from both academia and industry to present novel ideas on V2X and to exchange views on 5G-Advanced openly.
TOPICS OF INTEREST (including but are not limited to)
- Multi-source sensing fusion for V2X
- Multicast for V2X network
- Signal processing for V2X
- Millimeter wave in V2X
- Distributed learning in V2X
- Interference management in V2X networks
- Cooperative localization in V2X
- Beam management in V2X
- Standardization progress of V2X
- Network architectures and communication protocols for V2X
- Jun Zhao, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Jianguo Liu, Nokia Shanghai Bell, China
- Yue Cao, Wuhan University, China
- Zhengzheng Xiang, Huawei Technologies, China
- David Morales, Queen's University Belfast, UK
- Zilong Liu, University of Essex, UK
- Jiafeng Shao, Huawei Technologies, China
- Atta ul Quddus, University of Surrey, UK
- A Lee Swindlehurst, University of California, Irvine, US
Contact: Jiyong Pang firstname.lastname@example.org, Huawei technologies Co, Ltd., Shanghai, China.