TRANSLATON 2 2021 : Translaton 2: The Present and Future of Translation Studies – Current Trends and New Directions.
Call For Papers
we are pleased to invite you for the second edition of the Translaton conference, which will become a part of a cycle of translation-studies conferences, devoted to a wide spectrum of issues connected with translation.
This year’s conference will take place online on 23.09–24.09.2021. The conference theme is: The Present and Future of Translation Studies – Current Trends and New Directions.
The organisers of the conference cycle have always intended to create a platform integrating various, often contrasting, but invariably complementing each other scientific perspectives on translation reality, different research methodologies, research equipment applications, as well as provide the possibility of exchanging information concerning practical aspects of the professional activity in translation and interpreting. All this allows to stimulate the translation-studies discourse and broaden its scope and consequently develop not only translation studies themselves, but also the conceptual basis for translation training, competence models and outlining methodological proposals.
Please submit your conference talks topics within the following research areas:
• Translation studies – the present and future
• Empirical research in translation studies
• Translation and interpreting – the variety of views and paradigms
• Audiovisual translation (AVT)
• Intersemiotic and intermedial translation
• Plain language as intralinguistic translation
• Translation training and didactics
• Translation quality, translation praxeology
• New technologies in translation studies
• Translation market and translation practices
• Literary translation and translating LSP texts
• Neurobiological and psychological aspects of translation processes.
Publishing conference papers as articles in a peer-reviewed scientific journal will be possible for willing participants.
Registration deadline for participation with presentation: 7th July 2021 (conference enrolment fee 150 PLN or 35 EUR).
Registration deadline for participation without presentation: 31th August 2021 (conference enrolment fee 50 PLN or 10 EUR).
(Registration form: https://forms.gle/2rSWjUp9jucNe6cz8)
Notification of abstract acceptance: 15th July 2021.
The bank account number will be communicated at a later date
Conference languages: Polish, German, English, Russian
You are cordially invited to participate in Translaton!
On behalf of the Scientific Committee
Prof. Anna Małgorzewicz, University of Wrocław Professor
Prof. Monika Płużyczka, University of Warsaw Professor