LACL 2021 : Logical Aspects of Computational Linguistics
Conference Series : Logical Aspects of Computational Linguistics
Call For Papers
Logical Aspects of Computational Linguistics 2021
December 13-17 2021
Call for papers
LACL'2021 is the tenth edition of the international conference on Logical Aspects of Computational Linguistics that was launched in Nancy in 1996. The scope of this conference is the use of type theoretic, proof theoretic and model theoretic methods for describing natural language syntax, semantics and pragmatics, as well as the implementation of natural language processing software relying on logical formalisation. LACL 2021 will be held online 13-17 December 2021, as part of the Mathematical Linguistics (MALIN) week, and held conjointly with Mathematics of Language, Logic and Algorithms in Computational Linguistics, and Natural Language and Computer Science.
Computer scientists, linguists, mathematicians and philosophers are invited to present their work on the use of logical methods in computational linguistics and natural language processing, in natural language analysis, generation or acquisition.
Topics of either theoretical or applied interest include, but are not limited to:
- Logical foundation of syntactic formalisms, in particular categorial grammars and other type theoretic grammars, parsing as deduction, model theoretic syntax;
- Logical frameworks for lexical semantics;
- Logical semantics of sentences, discourse and dialogue;
- Applications of these logical frameworks to natural language processing tasks (automated analysis, generation, acquisition, textual inference);
- Applications of the logical formalisation of the language faculty to cognitive sciences.
LACL accepts two kinds of papers:
- Regular (long) papers between 12 and 16 pages,
- Short papers (work in progress, system descriptions, position papers) between 4 and 8 pages
Submission is exclusively admitted electronically, in PDF format, through the EasyChair system at
Paper submission deadline: June 27, 2021
Notification of acceptance: September 12, 2021
Camera ready copies due: October 01, 2021
Conference dates: December 13-17 2021
Annie Foret and Richard Moot