Ti 2011 : The 12th World Conference on Titanium
Call For Papers
The 12th World Conference on Titanium (Ti-2011) is the twelfth in a series of meetings held every four years since 1968, with purpose of bringing together the worldwide titanium community to present and discuss progress in titanium science and technology. The participation of the seven major titanium countries (UK, USA, CIS, Japan, Germany, France and China ) in the International Organizing Committee (IOC) guarantees extensive coverage of all new interesting areas in research, development and application of titanium.
Seven plenary talks will be given by the members of the IOC, and 15 keynotes for the 12 topics will be presented. This conference will have several parallel sessions daily. As follows is the 12 topics:
1. Extractive metallurgy (1 keynote from USA)
New reduction methods, sponge, melting, recycling etc.
2. Wrought processing (1 keynote from China)
Billet, plate, sheet, bar, forging, extrusion, etc.
3. Microstructure evolution (2 keynotes; 1 from Germany,1 from UK)
Phase transformation,thermal mechanical processing for microstructure and texture control, phase diagram calculation, phase field simulation.
4. Properties (2 keynotes; 1 from Germany, 1 from France)
Microstructure-properties relationships, influence of internal stress, texture and other facets.
5. Intermetallics & MMCs (1 keynote from China)
TiAl,Ti3Al,Ti2AlNb etc. and MMCs.
6. Component manufacturing (1 keynote from CIS)
Sheet forming, welding and joining technology, machining, surface enhancement, inclusion inspection.
7. Near net shape processing (2 keynotes; 1 from USA, 1 from UK)
Casting, laser forming, deposition, powder metallurgy, HIP and process modeling.
8. Environmental behavior (1 keynote from Japan)
Corrosion, oxidation and surface modification.
9. Aerospace applications (1 keynote from France)
Airframes, spacecraft, aero-propulsion.
10. Biomedical and healthcare applications (1 keynote from China)
New alloy development, biomedical properties and surface modifications, products.
11. Emerging applications and market (1 keynote from Japan)
Automobile, sports, leisure, offshore, nuclear power station, energy saving, emission reduction and environmental protection applications.
12. Marine applications (1 keynote from CIS)
Hull structure, propulsion system and other parts.