MedPRAI 2021 : The 5th Mediterranean Conference on Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence
Call For Papers
The 5th Mediterranean Conference on Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence (MedPRAI 2021) will take place on 17-18, December, 2021 in Istanbul, Turkey.
Following the four successful previous editions of MedPRAI (Algeria 2016, Morocco 2018, Turkey 2019 and Tunisia 2020), the 5th edition of MedPRAI will be held in Istanbul (Turkey) from 17 to 18 December 2021. MedPRAI is organized by the Department of Computer Engineering, İstanbul Sabahattin Zaim University; it aims to provide researchers and practitioners from academia and industry with a forum on the latest developments in pattern recognition and artificial intelligence. The conference will also provide a unique opportunity for sharing experiences from different backgrounds with the common interest in advanced methods in the above-mentioned fields. The scientific program of MedPRAI 2021 will include the presentation of invited plenary talks, regular sessions, poster sessions and some special sessions.
All submitted papers will be reviewed by at least 3 members of the international program committee; additional reviewers will be consulted if needed. Paper acceptance will be based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of presentation.
[Topics of Interest]
Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:
- Statistical, structural and syntactic pattern recognition,
- Neural networks,
- Machine learning,
- Data mining,
- Graph-based techniques for pattern recognition,
- Object recognition,
- Signal analysis,
- Image coding and processing,
- Shape and texture analysis
- Computer vision,
- Remote sensing,
- Document processing,
- Text and graphics recognition,
- Digital libraries,
- Speech recognition,
- Music analysis,
- Multimedia systems,
- Natural language analysis,
- Information retrieval,
- Biomedical pattern analysis,
- Artificial intelligence.
Since the third edition of 2019, the proceedings are published in the Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS) series of Springer: https://link.springer.com/conference/medprai
CCIS is abstracted/indexed in DBLP, Google Scholar, EI-Compendex, Mathematical Reviews, SCImago, Scopus. CCIS volumes are also submitted for the inclusion in ISI Proceedings.
- Paper Submission: October 15, 2021
- Review Notification: November 15, 2021
- Registration Opens: November 15, 2021
- Final Paper Submission: November 30, 2021
- Early Bird Registration Closes: November 30, 2021
- Conference Dates: December 17-18, 2021
- Prof. Sankar Kumar Pal, Indian Statistical Institute, India.
- Prof. Faisal Shafait, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (SEECS), Pakistan.
- Dr. Abbas Cheddad, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden.
- Dr. Fernand S. Cohen, Imaging and Computer Vision Center, Drexel University, Philadelphia, USA.
- Prof. Dhiya Al-Jumeily OBE, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Liverpool John Moores University, England, UK.
[Previous Editions & Proceedings]