ER 2011 : 30th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling
Conference Series : International Conference on Conceptual Modeling
Call For Papers
Scope of the Conference
The International Conference on Conceptual Modeling is the leading international forum for presenting and discussing current research on conceptual modeling for computer-supported and networked applications. The topics of interest span the entire spectrum of conceptual modeling including research and practice in areas such as: theories of concepts and ontologies underlying conceptual modeling, methods and tools for developing and communicating conceptual models, and techniques for transforming conceptual models into effective implementations.
Topics of Interest
We solicit submission of original research, as well as experience and vision papers from both researchers and practitioners. We welcome any topic where conceptual modeling is a or the major theme.
Specific examples of topics of interest include, but are not limited to, conceptual modeling as applied to:
* Information Modeling Concepts, including Ontologies
* Logical, Cognitive and Ontological Foundations of Conceptual Modeling
* Conceptual Modeling for Web Information Systems
* Quality and Metrics of Conceptual Models
* Empirical Studies of Conceptual Modeling
* Business Process Modeling
* Conceptual Modeling for Enterprise Architectures and Service-Oriented Architectures
* Conceptual Modeling and the Semantic Web
* Semi-structured Data and XML
* Management and Maintenance of Very Large Conceptual Models
* Integration of Conceptual Models and Database Schemas
* Information Retrieval, Filtering, Classification, Summarization, and Visualization
* Methodologies and Tools for Conceptual Design
* Evaluation and Comparisons of Conceptual Models and Modeling Methods
* Requirements Engineering
* Reuse, Patterns, and Object-Oriented Design
* Reverse Engineering, and Roundtrip Engineering
* Conceptual Change and Schema Evolution
* Management of Integrity Constraints
* Active Concepts in Conceptual Modeling
* Spatial, Temporal, and Multimedia Aspects in Conceptual Models
* Conceptual Models at Runtime
* Metadata, its Interpretation and Usage
* Conceptual Models and Knowledge Management Systems
* Data warehousing, Data Mining, and Business Intelligence
* Other Advanced and Cross-Disciplinary Applications of Conceptual Models
Since the proceedings will be published by Springer in the LNCS series, authors must submit manuscripts using the LNCS style.
See http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html for style files and details. The page limit for submitted papers is 14. Manuscripts not submitted in the LNCS style or exceeding the page limit will not be reviewed and thus automatically rejected.
The final, camera-ready version must not exceed 14 pages to avoid page charges.
A paper submitted to ER 2011 may not be under review for any other conference or journal during the time it is being considered for ER 2011.
Submission to ER 2011 will be electronically via EasyChair. Authors are asked to submit an abstract first, and then to upload the full paper.
The link to the sign-in page for EasyChair is http://www.easychair.org/account/signin.cgi
The submission page of ER-2011 is http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=er2011
* 2011-03-28: Abstract submission deadline
* 2011-04-04: Full paper submission
* 2011-06-13: Author notification
* 2011-07-05: Camera ready copy