FutureTech 2011 : The 6th FTRA International Conference on Future Information Technology
Call For Papers
[FutureTech 2011 Call for Papers]
** Important Notices **
1. Submission due: Feb. 28, 2011
2. All accepted papers will bepublished in the Springer CCIS proceedings (Confirmed) (EI and ISTP),
which will be indexed by the following services: EI Compendex(Since 2010),
ISI Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Science (CPCI-S),
included in ISI Web of Science, DBLP and Scopus.
3. All accepted and presented papers in FutureTech 2011, after further revisions,
will be published in the special issues of the following international journals:
- JoS, Springer (SCI), http://www.springer.com/computer/programming/journal/11227
- FGCS, Elsevier (SCIE), http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505611/description#description
- IJAHUC, Inderscience (SCIE), http://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalID=145
- MTAP, Springer (SCIE), http://www.springer.com/computer/information+systems/journal/11042
- Mobile Information Systems, IOS Press (SCIE), http://www.iospress.nl/loadtop/load.php?isbn=1574017x
- IJITCC, InderScience, http://www.inderscience.com/ijitcc
- JoC, FTRA Publishing, http://www.ftrai.org/joc
- JIPS, KIPS (KCI-E index) http://jips-k.org
The 6th FTRA International Conference on Future Information Technology (FutureTech 2011)
June 28-30 (Tue.-Thu.), 2011, Crete, Greece
All accepted papers will bepublished in the Springer CCIS proceedings (EI and ISTP), which will be indexed by the following services:
EI Compendex(Since 2010), ISI Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Science (CPCI-S), included in ISI Web of Science, DBLP and Scopus.
After conference, special issues of SCI/E indexed journals with high qualities will be arranged for selected papers.
@ The Journal of Supercomputing (JoS) - Springer (SCI)
@ Future Generation Computer Systems (FGCS) - Elsevier (SCIE)
@ International Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing - Inderscience (SCIE)
@ Multimedia Tools and Applications (MTAP) - Springer (SCIE)
@ Mobile Information Systems - IOS Press (SCIE)
= OVERVIEW =
Future technology information technology would stand for all of
continuously evolving and converging information technologies, including
digital convergence, multimedia convergence, intelligent applications,
embedded systems, mobile and wireless communications, bio-inspired
computing, grid and cloud computing, semantic web, user experience and
HCI, secuity and trust computing and so on, for satisfying our
In past twenty five years or so, Information Technology (IT) influenced
and changed every aspect of our lives and our cultures. Without various
IT-based applications, we would find it difficult to keep information
stored securely, to process information efficiently, and to communicate
information conveniently. In the future world, IT will play a very
important role in convergence of computing, communication, and all other
computational sciences and application and IT also will influence the
future world's various areas, including science, engineering, industry,
business, law, politics, culture, medicine, and so on.
Our conference is intended to foster the dissemination of
state-of-the-art research in all future IT areas, including their
models, services, and novel applications associated with their utilization.
FutureTech 2011 is the next edition of FutureTech 2010 (Busan, Korea,
May 2010) which was the next event in a series of highly successful the
International Symposium on Ubiquitous Applications & Security Services
(UASS-09, USA, Jan. 2009), previously held as UASS-08 (Okinawa, Japan,
Mar. 2008), UASS-07 (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, August, 2007), and UASS-06
(Glasgow, Scotland, UK, May, 2006).
= TOPICS (included, but are not limited to): =
* Track 1. Hybrid Information Technology
* Track 2. High Performance Computing
* Track 3. Cloud Computing
* Track 4. Ubiquitous Networks and Wireless Communications
* Track 5. Digital Convergence
* Track 6. Multimedia Convergence
* Track 7. Intelligent and Pervasive Applications
* Track 8. Security and Trust Computing
* Track 9. IT Management and Service
* Track 10. Bioinformatics and Bio-Inspired Computing
= IMPORTANT DATES =
Workshop Proposal Deadline: November 15, 2010
Submission Deadline : February 28, 2011 (Hard Deadline)
Authors Notification: April 1, 2011
Camera Ready Upload Deadline: April 15, 2011
Author Registration Deadline: April 15, 2011
= SUBMISSION GUIDELINES =
Papers must strictly adhere to page limits as follows.
- Full Paper: 8 pages (Max 2 extra pages allowed at additional cost)
- Regular Paper: 6 pages (Max 2 extra pages allowed at additional cost)
- Poster Paper: 2 pages (FTRA Publishing Proceeding with ISBN)
Papers exceeding the page limits will be rejected without review.
All accepted papers will bepublished in the Springer CCIS proceedings (Confirmed) (EI and ISTP), which will be indexed by the following services: EI Compendex(Since 2010), ISI Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Science (CPCI-S), included in ISI Web of Science, DBLP and Scopus.
Instructions for papers in the Springer's CCIS（Note that the paper format of CCIS is the same as that of LNCS）
- Prepare your paper in the exact format as the sample paper for CCIS. Failure to do so may result in the exclusion of your paper from the proceedings. Please read the authors' instructions carefully before preparing your papers.
- Springer accepts both Microsoft Word and LaTex format in the Lecture Note Series. However, FTRA does not accept the use of LaTex. Therefore, you should use the Microsoft Word instead of using LaTex (The paper will be excluded from the proceeding if you use LaTex). Springer provides the relevant templates and sample files for both PC (sv-lncs.dot) and Mac (sv-lncs) environments.
- Please download word.zip (http://www.springer.com/cda/content/document/cda_downloaddocument/word.zip?SGWID=0-0-45-72919-0). If you need more help on preparing your papers, please visit Springer's LNCS web page (http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-2-72376-0).
After conference, special issues of international journals with high qualities will be arranged for selected papers as follows.
- The Journal of Supercomputing (JoS) - Springer (SCI) http://www.springer.com/computer/programming/journal/11227
- Future Generation Computer Systems (FGCS) - Elsevier (SCIE) "http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505611/description#description"
- International Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing - Inderscience (SCIE) "http://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalID=145"
- Multimedia Tools and Applications (MTAP) - Springer (SCIE) "http://www.springer.com/computer/information+systems/journal/11042"
- Mobile Information Systems - IOS Press (SCIE) "http://www.iospress.nl/loadtop/load.php?isbn=1574017x"
- International Journal of Information Technology, Communications and Convergence - Inderscience "http://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalCODE=ijitcc"
- Journal of Convergence (JoC) - FTRA "http://www.ftrai.org/joc/"
- Journal of Information Processing Systems (JIPS) "http://jips.kips.or.kr/"
Call for Workshop Proposals
Several workshops will be held in conjunction with FutureTech 2010 with the aim to explore special topics and provide international forums for scientists, engineers, and computer users to exchange and share their experiences, new ideas, and research results on hot topics on Future Information Technology.
Workshops for presenting papers from industrial companies and papers on implementations of systems and services are very welcome. It is expected that the proceedings of the workshop programs will be published by CCIS (Springer) (CCIS is indexed in ISI Proceedings and Scopus).
In general, a workshop takes one day, although multiple-days and half-day workshops are welcome. Please send a workshop proposal by November 1, 2010 to Workshop Co-chairs.
Financial Support for Workshop Organizer:
If a workshop were organized successfully, the organizer (1 organizer per 1 workshop) will get:
* At least 8 papers registration: Free registration
* At least 16 papers registration: Free registration and Free accommodation (Max. 2 nights).
Important Dates -----------------------------------------------
November 1, 2010 Workshop Proposal Submission Due
November 15, 2010 Workshop Acceptance Notification
April 15, 2011 Camera-ready paper due
June 28 - 30, 2011 Conference events
= ORGANIZATION =
James J. (Jong Hyuk) Park (Seoul National University of Science and Technology, Korea)
Laurence T. Yang, St Francis Xavier University, Canada
Hamid R. Arabnia, The University of Georgia, USA
Damien Sauveron, University of Limoges, France
Sang-Soo Yeo, Mokwon University, Korea
Serge Chaumette, LaBRI, University of Bordeaux, France
Jin Kwak, Soonchunhyang University, Korea
Konstantinos Markantonakis, Royal Holloway University of London, UK
Han-Chieh Chao, National Ilan University, Taiwan
Shu-Ching Chen, Florida International University, USA
Stefanos Gritzalis, University of the Aegean, Greece
Vincenzo Loia, University of Salerno, Italy
Yi Mu, University of Wollongong, Australia
Witold Pedrycz, University of Alberta, Canada
Wanlei Zhou, Deakin University, Australia
Young-Sik Jeong, Wonkwang University, Korea
Ioannis G. Askoxylakis. FORTH-ICS, Greece
Hsiao-Hwa Chen, National Sun Yat-Sen University, Taiwan
Jack J. Dongarra, University of Tennessee, USA
Javier Lopez, University of Malaga, Spain
Bart Preneel, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Harry Rudin, IBM Zurich Research Laboratory, Switzerland
Waleed W. Smari, University of Dayton, USA
Doug Tygar, University of California Berkeley, USA
Shiuh-Jeng Wang, Central Police University, Taiwan
Doo-soon Park, SoonChunHyang University, Korea
Sabrina De Capitani di Vimercati, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Italy
Naveen Chilamkurti, La Trobe University, Australia
Deok-Gyu Lee, ETRI, Korea
Theo Tryfonas, University of Bristol, UK
Karim El Defrawy, University of California in Irvine, USA
Sang Yep Nam, Kookje College, Korea
Young-June Choi, Ajou University, Korea
International Liaison Chairs:
Jiankun Hu, RMIT University, Australia
Louis Marinos, ENISA, EU
Qishi Wu, University of Memphis, USA
Jose Maria Sierra, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
Local Arrangement Co-Chairs:
Pierre-Francois Bonnefoi, University of Limoges, France
Pierre Dusart, University of Limoges, France
Web and system management Chair:
Yang Sun Lee, Chosun University, Korea
Registration and Finance Chair:
Changhoon Lee, Hanshin University, Korea
= TRACK CO-CHAIRS =
Track 1. Hybrid Information Technology
Umberto Straccia, ISTI - C.N.R., Italy
Malka N Halgamuge, The University of Melbourne, Australia
Andrew Kusiak, The University of Iowa, USA
Track 2. High Performance Computing
Waleed W. Smari, University of Dayton, Ohio, USA
Omer Rana, Cardiff University, UK
Satoshi Matsuoka, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
Track 3. Cloud Computing
Geoffrey Fox, Indiana University, USA
Pascal Bouvry, University of Luxembourg, Lux
Andrzej M. Goscinski, Deakin University, Australia
Track 4. Ubiquitous Networks and Wireless Communications
Ivan Stojmenovic, University of Ottawa, Canada
Tuomo Tuikka, Research Centre, Finland
Jiannong Cao, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
Track 5. Digital Convergence
Gabriel Jakobson, Altusys Corp., USA
Vladimir Zaborovsky, Politechnic University of Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Johnnes Arreymbi, University of East London, UK
Track 6. Multimedia Convergence
Jonathan C.L. Liu, University of Florida, USA
Sofia Tsekeridou, Athens Information Technology, Greece
Chia-Chen Lin, Providence University, Taiwan
Track 7. Intelligent and Pervasive Applications
Hongli Luo, Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne, USA
Isabelle Demeure, TELECOM ParisTech, France
Kuan-Ta Chen, Institute of Information Science, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
Track 8. Security and Trust Computing
Luis F. G. Sarmenta, MIT Media Lab, USA
Jose Maria Sierra, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
Chan Yeob Yeun, Khalifa University of Science, Technology & Research (KUSTAR), Arab Emirates
Track 9. IT Management and Service
Youakim Badr, INSA-Lyon, France
Ying Jiang, Wuhan University, China
Hang-bae Chang, Daejin University, Korea
Track 10. Bioinformatics and Bio-Inspired Computing
Frederic Guinand, University of Le Havre, France
Sun-Yuan Hsieh, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
Sheng-Lung Peng, National Dong Hwa University, Taiwan
= CONTACT INFORMATION =
For further information regarding the symposium and paper submission,
please contact to:
* Damien Sauveron (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Prof. Sang-Soo Yeo (email@example.com)