CSERC 2021 : The 10th Computer Science Education Research Conference
Call For Papers
1st Call for Papers: The 10th Computer Science Education Research Conference (CSERC '21) November 22nd – 23rd
Due to all uncertainties still present due to the Covid-19 virus, we have decided to host the conference virtual, in the same way as the 2020 edition.
The Computer Science Education Research Conference (CSERC) is an international forum for researchers with interests in educational aspects of all computing disciplines including computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, and information systems. It embraces a broad view of the current and future trends in computing education and aspires to be a lively environment for presenting the latest research and empirical results.
Submissions to CSERC ‘21 (if accepted, published in the ACM Digital Library) might cover, but are not limited to, the following topics:
* Specific educational subject matters, such as programming, database systems, computer security, and modelling
* Particular educational innovations, such as MOOCs, flipped-classroom, game-based education, E-Learning and online learning.
* Specific groups of students, such as first years, master’s students, minorities, impaired students
* Broader topics, such as curriculum, lifelong learning, group-work, assessment, just in time vs. just in case education, class infrastructure, integration of industry in education, gender disparity in computer science, psychology of programming, etc.
== Submissions ==
Original and unpublished submissions in all areas related to computing education are invited in the following categories:
* Research Paper: Reporting theoretical or theoretically informed empirical studies undertaken to investigate a specific aspect or address a particular problem in computing education
* Experience Report: Describing a classroom innovation and an evaluation of its impact
* Software Report: Describing developed tools for supporting teaching, learning or assessment in computing education
Types of accepted submissions include:
* Full Paper (approximately 12 pages)
* Practical Report (about 6 pages)
* Poster (2 pages)
* Templates for submissions can be found at the ACM SIG Proceedings website
* Papers can be submitted using EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cserc21)
* Documents proposed for conference presentation should be high quality, unpublished, original work and submitted online
* The official language of the conference is English
== Review Process and Publication ==
* All accepted submissions for presentation at the conference (including practical reports and posters) are reviewed by the international program committee. The authors of the reviewed submissions will receive constructive feedback provided by CSERC program committee.
* Authors of papers presented at the conference will produce a final version of the paper, which takes into account the discussions that were held during the conference.
* The final versions of the papers accepted for presentation at CSERC’20 will be published in the ACM Digital library (https://dl.acm.org/conference/cserc).
* At least one author of every accepted paper must register for the event and present the paper (or poster).
* A presenter of a paper should upload a pre-recorded video presentation one week before the conference.
* A presenter of a poster should upload the poster one week before the conference accompanied with an audio pitch of maximum 5 minutes.
== Important Dates ==
* Abstract submission: Sunday July 11th 2021
* Paper submission deadline: Sunday July 25th 2021
* Deadline for paper reviews by the PC: Sunday September 12th 2021
* Notification of paper acceptance: Sunday September 26th 2021
* Author registration, Early (non-author) registration: Sunday October 24th 2021
* Conference: Monday, November 22nd - Tuesday, November 23rd, 2021
* Submission of paper final versions: Sunday December 12th 2021
* Online Publishing of the proceedings by ACM: Sunday, February 13th, 2022
== Program Chairs ==
* Program Chair: Dave Stikkolorum, Leiden University, The Netherlands
* Program Co-Chair: Ebrahim Rahimi, Open University, The Netherlands
* Web Master: Tessa Senden, Open University, The Netherlands