STDRR 2021 : Special Session on Smart Technology for Disaster Recovery and Resilience
Call For Papers
While traditional disaster recovery and resilience focus on backing up data to secondary disks and tapes locally or remotely, which may lead to longer recovery time and result in enormous data loss. Presently, smart technology is becoming more and more prevalent in many areas. This special session invites papers in the use of smart technology to advance disaster recovery and resilience from theoretical and practical aspects, including research articles, review papers and case studies. Topics of interest include, but not limited to:
o Smart crisis response
o Smart risk management
o Smart electrical power distribution system
o Smart water supply system
o Smart resilient communication networks
o Smart transportation networks
o Smart healthcare networks
o Smart social media networks
o Smart cloud networks
o Smart critical infrastructure protection
Special session papers will be included in main conference programs and proceedings.
• June 4, 2021: Deadline for submission
• June 30, 2021: Author Notification
• Eyhab Al-Masri (University of Washington Tacoma)
• Juan Li (North Dakota State University)
• Yan Bai (University of Washington Tacoma)
Program Committee Members (more to be added)
• Raj Rajkumar, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
• Lui Sha, University of Illinois, USA
• Kwei-Jay Lin, University of California - Irvine, USA
• Lothar Thiele, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Switzerland
• Masaru Yarime, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
• Song Guo, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
• Joseph Kee Yin Ng, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong
• Jianhua Ma, Hosei University, Japan
• Yunchuan Sun, Beijing Normal University, China
• Celimuge Wu, University of Electro-Communication, Japan
• Girija Chetty, University of Canberra, Australia
• Ghassan Beydoun, University of Technology Sidney, Australia
• Feng-Tyan Lin, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
• Jane W. S. Liu, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
We welcome contributions describing original ideas, experiments and applications relevant to the special session theme which have not been published earlier or are not currently pending submission at any other venue. All submitted papers must include the names and affiliations of all authors. Submitted papers will be peer-reviewed by members of the special session program committee. All accepted papers will be included in the main conference proceedings, and will be published by IEEE CPS (IEEE-DL and EI indexed). At least one author of each accepted paper is required to register and present their work at the main conference. Best paper awards will be presented to high quality papers.
A regular paper for the special session is limited to 6 pages. All manuscripts should be formatted in the IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Format, and submitted in the Portable Document Format (.pdf).
A submission can have at most 2 additional pages with the pages over-length charge if accepted.
Authors should submit your manuscript via the main conference’ EDAS system. Please register with the EDAS system first, and then make the submission via the conference link https://edas.info/N27845 from which you can navigate to the special session associated to the IEEE Smart World Congress.
Eyhab Al-Masri: firstname.lastname@example.org
Juan Li: email@example.com
Yan Bai: firstname.lastname@example.org