PUMPS+AI 2021 : Programming and Tuning Massively Parallel Systems + Artificial Intelligence Summer School
Call For Papers
On its 11th edition, the Programming and tUning Massively Parallel Systems + Artificial Intelligence summer school (PUMPS+AI) offers researchers and graduate students a unique opportunity to improve their skills with cutting-edge techniques and hands-on experience in developing and tuning applications for many-core processors with massively parallel computing resources like GPU accelerators, with a special focus on AI.
- PUMPS 2021 Distinguished Lecturer:
Wen-mei Hwu (UIUC and NVIDIA)
The summer school is oriented towards advanced programming and optimizations, and thus previous experience in basic GPU programming will be considered in the selection process. We will also consider the current parallel applications and numerical methods you are familiar with, and the specific optimizations you would like to discuss.
Some of the topics that will be covered during the course are:
* DEEP Learning
* High-level programming models
* CUDA Algorithmic Optimization Strategies
* Dealing with Sparse and Dynamic data
* Efficiency in Large Data Traversal
* Reducing Output Interference
* Controlling Load Imbalance and Divergence
* Acceleration of Collective Operations
* Dynamic Parallelism and HyperQ
* Debugging and Profiling CUDA Code
* Multi-GPU Execution
* Architecture Trends and Implications
* Introduction to OmpSs and to the Paraver analysis tools
* OmpSs: Leveraging GPU Programming
* Hands-on Labs
Participants will have access to GPU servers and will learn to program and optimize applications and AI techniques in languages such as CUDA and OmpSs. Teaching Assistants will be available to help with your hands-on lab assignments. At poster and hackathon sessions you may show your current work and applications you are optimizing. NVIDIA will award the best poster presentation.
- Important Dates:
Applications due: April 30, 2021
Notification of acceptance: May 31, 2021
Summer school: July 6-9, 2021 (tentative)
Early application is strongly recommended. You may also be suggested to attend an online prerequisite training on basic CUDA programming before joining PUMPS.
- Location: online
- Complete information, program and registration: http://pumps.bsc.es
PUMPS is organized by the Barcelona Supercomputing Center, the University of Illinois, the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, the HiPEAC Network of Excellence, and the PRACE Advanced Training Centre.
Looking forward to see you at the PUMPS Summer School,
- PUMPS Co-Directors:
Mateo Valero (BSC-UPC) and Wen-mei Hwu (Univ. of Illinois)
- Local Organization Chair:
Antonio J. Peña (BSC)
- Contact: email@example.com