ISD 2021 : Deadline Extension (April 15th): CFP ISD2021 Valencia, Spain (29th International Conference on Information Systems Development)
Call For Papers
* Apologies for cross-posting
*** Deadline Extension (April 15th): CALL FOR PAPERS AND POSTERS ***
29th International Conference on Information Systems Development (ISD2021)
September 8-10, 2021
ISD is a venue for the exchange of innovative ideas and experiences in information systems development. Since 1988, ISD has provided a broad forum for reporting scientific progress on different challenges in the ISD field, to bridging the gaps between industry, academia and society. This is an affiliated conference of the Association for Information Systems (AIS) that has raised a good international reputation.
The ISD2021 theme is "Crossing boundaries between Development and Operations (DevOps) in Information Systems".
The conference focuses on influences among information systems, organizational structures, and processes and people from its conception to its operation. The conference promotes research of methodological and technological issues and ways in which the IS developers and operators are transforming organizations and society through information systems.
We invite submissions from researchers and practitioners in all topics on IS development and particularly aligned with the main theme of the conference.
PREPAREDNESS PLANS FOR COVID-19 SCENARIOS:
- If travel is not possible for some regions, we will be flexible and allow virtual presentations for affected speakers
- If travel is possible but some of you prefer not to make the journey, we will be flexible and allow virtual presentations
- If the situation is very much as it is today, ISD2021 will go virtual
- Len Bass, Carnegie Mellon University, USA. "DevOps: Evolution or Revolution?"
- Jean Vanderdonckt, Louvain Interaction Laboratory, Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium. "Gesture-based information systems: from DesignOps to DevOps"
- Full paper submission: April 15, 2021 (Extended Deadline)
- Full paper notification: June 3, 2021
- New Ideas/Vision paper and Poster submission: June 17, 2021
- New Ideas/Vision paper and Poster notification: July 14, 2021
- Early bird registration: July 19, 2021
- T1: Managing IS Development and Operations
- T2: IS Methodologies and Education
- T3: Security, Privacy and Trust in IS
- T4: Incorporating Human-Computer Interaction into IS
- T5: Green and Sustainable IS
- T6: Current Topics in IS Development
FULL PAPER AND SHORT PAPER SUBMISSION::
We invite submissions of technical research papers describing original and unpublished results related to Information Systems development and/or operations including methodological, technological, economical or social aspects. The maximum length for full paper submissions is 12 pages, including references and appendices.
We also solicit short papers that present new ideas and visions. Papers on new ideas may describe new, non-conventional research positions or approaches of information systems development that depart from standard practice. We also welcome vision papers which will be on long-term challenges and opportunities in information systems development research that are outside of current mainstream topics of the field. New Ideas/Vision papers must not exceed 5 pages for the main text, including all figures, tables, appendices, etc. One more page containing only references is permitted.
Submissions will undergo a double-blind peer-review process. All papers must be submitted via EasyChair to any of the tracks for the conference: https://www.easychair.org/my/conference?conf=isd2021
The ISD Proceedings will be published in the AIS eLibrary. In addition, a selection of the best full papers (by invitation) will be published by Springer as a separate volume of the Lecture Notes in Information Systems and Organization series (indexed by Scopus, DBLP, etc.).
Posters provide an opportunity for researchers and practitioners to present and discuss their most recent research achievements, practical experience, tools and challenges related to Information Systems development.We encourage submissions on early-stage and ongoing work, as well as on innovative applications of existing tools and ideas in practice. We also encourage submissions of EU project results or ideas for proposals, early work (e.g., starting PhD work), work on information systems development education.
Such submissions consist of two parts:
1. An extended abstract of the presented contribution. The length for poster submissions is 2 to 4 pages plus one page for references.
2. The actual poster to be posted and presented at the conference (only for accepted extended abstracts)
The main evaluation criteria for poster submissions are the quality of the proposed poster in terms of novelty, relevance for the ISD audience, technical soundness and its ability to stimulate discussions. Posters should be submitted via EasyChair: https://www.easychair.org/my/conference?conf=isd2021
More detailed information about submission and venue is available at the conference web site: http://isd2021.webs.upv.es/
- Emilio Insfran, ITI-Universitat Politècnica de València
- Fernando González, DOE-Universitat Politècnica de València
- Silvia Abrahão, ITI-Universitat Politècnica de València
- Marta Fernández, DOE-Universitat Politècnica de València
- Abel Gómez, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Spain
T1: Managing IS Development and Operations
- Ana Moreira, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
- João Araújo, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
T2: IS Methodologies and Education
- Alfred Zimmermann, Reutlingen University, Germany
- Giuseppe Scanniello, University of Basilicata, Italy
T3: Security, Privacy and Trust in IS
- Alberto Rodrigues Silva, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Daniela S. Cruzes, SINTEF Digital, Norway
T4: Incorporating Human-Computer Interaction into IS
- Jean Vanderdonckt, Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium
- Mikko Rajanen, University of Oulu, Finland
T5: Green and Sustainable IS
- Coral Calero, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
- Dorina Rajanen, University of Oulu, Finland
T6: Current Topics in IS Development
- Vaclav Repa, University of Economics Prague, Czech Republic
- Malgorzata Pankowska, University of Economics Katowice, Poland
- Isidro Ramos, Universitat Politècnica de València
- Carlos Cano, Universitat Politècnica de València
- Julio Sandobalín, Escuela Politécnica Nacional, Ecuador
Local Arrangement Chairs:
- Ximena Guerron, Universitat Politècnica de València
- Geovanny Conrado, Universitat Politècnica de València
Questions and inquiries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BR, Fernando González
Universitat Politècnica de València