ECSA 2021 : CFP: 15th European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA 2021)
Conference Series : European Conference on Software Architecture
Call For Papers
CFP: 15th European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA 2021)
Växjö, Sweden, September 13-17, 2021 (virtual)
The European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA) is the premier European software architecture conference, providing researchers, practitioners, and educators with a platform to present and discuss the most recent, innovative and significant findings and experiences in the field of software architecture research and practice. The 15th European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA 2021) will be held from 13 to 17 September 2021.
ECSA 2021 was originally planned in the beautiful city of Växjö Sweden. Yet due to COVID-19 and considering what impact this may have on the conference, the ECSA Steering and Organizing Committee decided to organize ECSA 2021 as a virtual event.
We would like to express our empathy and condolences with those affected by COVID-19. Our primary concern is that members of our community, and their families and friends, remain safe and well.
Selected papers from the conference will be considered for a Special Issue on “Architecting for the Digital Society” in the Journal of Systems and Software (JCR IF 2.450):
ECSA 2021 aims to focus on how Software Architecture can enable the success of the next generation of software-enabled systems to address the challenges of society, such as health, climate, sustainability, mobility, diversity, and future of production. This raises questions such as: What are the current research successes that position Software Architecture at the core of the ability to build and sustain systems of the future? What automation, tools, and techniques do software architects and engineers need in order to ensure architectures developed are adaptable, evolvable, verifiable, and meet their quality and functional requirements?
The program committee of 15th European Conference on Software Architecture seeks submissions of original and unpublished high-quality papers describing fundamental and applied research, new methods, approaches, and processes, novel applications, approaches for education and training in software architecture, and experience reports on all topics related to software architecture including, but not limited to:
- Foundational principles of software architecture
- Linking requirements engineering and software architectures
- Quality attributes and software architectures
- Architectural design, analysis and evaluation
- Architecture description languages and meta-models
- Architecture verification and validation
- Management of architectural knowledge, decisions, and rationale
- Cross-disciplinary efforts and software architecture
- Architectures for reconfigurable and self-adaptive systems
- Architectural concerns of autonomic systems
- Architectural patterns, styles and tactics, reference architectures
- Architecture viewpoints and views
- Architecture conformance
- Software architecture and virtualization
- Architecture-centric process models and frameworks
- Software architecture and agility, continuous integration, continuous development and DevOps tools
- Component-based models and deployment, middleware
- Software architecture and system architecture, including software-defined networking
- Software tools and environments for architecture-centric software engineering
- Cultural, economic, business, social and managerial aspects of software architecture
- Software architecture in different areas such as the cloud/edge-cloud, big data, blockchain, cyber-physical systems, IoT, autonomous systems, systems of systems, energy-aware software
- Architecture and technical debt
- Empirical studies, systematic literature reviews, and mapping studies in software architecture.
ECSA 2021 seeks three types of papers for the research track:
- Research papers (max. 16 pages in LNCS style) which describe novel contributions to software architecture research (submissions should cover work that has a sound scientific/technological basis and has been validated)
- Education and training papers (max. 16 pages in LNCS style) that address methodologies, experiences and best practices in teaching and training of software architecture.
- Short papers (max. 8 pages in LNCS style) that present novel and preliminary work-in-progress or challenges in a topic of software architecture research or education and training software architectures. Submissions must have a sound basis, but not necessarily be validated in full.
All submitted papers will undergo a rigorous peer review process. Papers will be selected based on originality, quality, soundness and relevance. All contributions must be original, not published, accepted or submitted for publication elsewhere. Contravention of this concurrent submission policy will be deemed a serious breach of scientific ethics, and appropriate action will be taken in all such cases. For this aim, plagiarism checking will be conducted and any paper reporting more than 20% of coincidence will be desk-rejected.
All contributions must be formatted according to the Springer LNCS style (http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0). The aforementioned limit of pages includes figures and references.
Contributions need to be submitted in pdf format via EasyChair to the ECSA 2021 Research Track.
The proceedings will be published by Springer-Verlag as part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.
Main Conference & Journal First
- Abstracts submission April 26, 2021
- Papers submission May 3, 2021
- Notification of papers June 7, 2021
- Camera ready June 22, 2021
- Abstracts submission April 26, 2021
- Full paper submission May 3, 2021
- Notification of full papers June 7, 2021
- Full papers camera ready July 22, 2021
- Short papers and presentations submission June 15, 2021
- Notification of short and presentations papers July 7, 2021
- Short papers camera ready July 15, 2021
Tools & Demos, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion & Doctoral Symposium:
- Papers submission June 15, 2021
- Notification of papers July 7, 2021
- Camera ready July 15, 2021
Submission dates are 23:59h AoE (anywhere on Earth). Submission dates are strict and no extensions will be granted.
- General Co-Chair, Raffaela Mirandola, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- General Co-Chair, Danny Weyns, KU Leuven, Belgium and Linnaeus University, Sweden
- Program Co-Chair, Stefan Biffl, Technische Universität Wien, Austria
- Program Co-Chair, Elena Navarro, University of Castilla‐La Mancha, Spain
- Industrial Co-Chair, Marjan Sirjani, Malardalen University, Sweden
- Industrial Co-Chair, Welf Löwe, Linnaeus University, Sweden
- Workshop & Tutorial Co-Chair, Patrizia Scandurra, University of Bergamo, Italy
- Workshop & Tutorial Co-Chair, Matthias Galster, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Tool Demos Co-Chair, Romina Spalazzese, Malmö University, Sweden
- Tool Demos Co-Chair, Ilias Gerostathopoulos, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands
- DE&I Co-Chair, Ingrid Nunes, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS), Brazil
- DE&I Co-Chair, Thomas Vogel, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany
- Doctoral Symposium Co-Chair, Genaina Rodrigues, University of Brasilia, Brazil
- Doctoral Symposium Co-Chair, Radu Calinescu, University of York, United Kingdom
- Journal First Chair, Tomi Männistö, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Proceeding Chair, Robert Heinrich, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany
- Publicity Co-Chair, Aurora Macías, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
- Publicity Co-Chair, Jürgen Musil, TU Wien, Austria
- Local Chair, Diana Unander, Linnaeus University, Sweden
- Virtualization Co-Chair, Mauro Caporuscio, Linnaeus University, Sweden
- Virtualization Co-Chair, Romain Christian Herault, Linnaeus University, Sweden
- Web Chair, Mirko D’Angelo, Ericsson Research, Sweden