EGSR 2021 : Eurographics Symposium on Rendering Techniques
Conference Series : Eurographics Symposium on Rendering Techniques
Call For Papers
The Eurographics Symposium on Rendering 2021 will take place virtually and/or in-person from June 29th to July 2nd, 2021, hosted by Saarland University. This 32nd event continues the series of highly successful Eurographics Symposia and Workshops on Rendering.
All accepted research papers will be presented at EGSR 2021 and archived in the Eurographics digital library. Furthermore, a selection of them will be published in an issue of the Computer Graphics Forum (CGF) journal, based on both the recommendations of the reviewers and the outcome of a second cycle of review.
We are looking for work that shapes the future of rendering in computer graphics and related fields, such as virtual and augmented reality, deep learning, and computational photography.
There is no fixed minimum or maximum paper length. However, submissions over 12 pages in length will be treated as exceptional cases, and length must be proportional to contribution.
For each submitted paper, a minimum of 3 reviews will be provided to the authors, who will then be able to provide a rebuttal to clarify misunderstandings and answer the reviewers’ questions. The reviewers will then discuss and decide on the acceptance of the paper to the EGSR 2021 program. In the event of acceptance, the authors will submit a revised version of their manuscript prior to the conference. All papers will be presented virtually. An in-person event might happen, but attendance by authors won’t be mandatory.
Topics of interest
We invite original contributions that advance the state-of-the-art in topics related, but not limited, to:
- Physically-based rendering (PBR) and global illumination
- Monte Carlo sampling and integration
- Real-time rendering, including ray tracing, acceleration structures, and GPU algorithms
- Rendering software systems
- Specialized rendering hardware
- Inverse and differentiable rendering
- Machine learning for rendering, rendering for machine learning
- Neural rendering, generative models of images
- Image processing for rendering and compositing, such as denoising, matting, deblurring, colorization
- Image manipulation, such as warping, inpainting, relighting
- Computational photography, optics & displays
- Image-based rendering (IBR), lightfields
- Expressive/Non-Photorealistic rendering (NPR), vector graphics
- Material and scattering models
- Acquisition and modeling of geometry and appearance
- Procedural modelling, texture synthesis, geometry, and simulation
- Face and human rendering
- Augmented/virtual reality, including rendering, input, and output technologies
- Human perception of rendered images
- Scientific visualization, e.g. large-scale data visualization and volume rendering
- Audio/sound rendering
How to Submit Your Work
Please submit your work using the SRM online submission system (https://srmv2.eg.org/COMFy/Conference/SR_2021). The submission should use the EGSR 2021 LaTeX template available on SRM following this link (first create an account on the SRM system to download the template).
Important dates (All times are midnight, 23:59 UTC)
- Abstract deadline: April 9th
- Papers deadline: April 16th
- Reviews released to authors: May 18th
- Rebuttals due: May 21st
- Author notification: June 4th
- Final papers due: June 16th
- Conference: June 29th - July 2nd
- Adrien Bousseau, Inria - Université Côte d’Azur
- Morgan McGuire, NVIDIA
- Pascal Grittmann, Saarland University
- Gurprit Singh, MPII
- Philipp Slusallek, Saarland University - DFKI