SS-IJCNN 2021 : IJCNN Special Session on Algorithms of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Applied for Biomedical Data Processing
Call For Papers
Scope and Aim
Biomedical data processing involves the treatment of the physiological electrical activities measured using sensors placed on a living thing and also the medical imaging, allowing to provide useful process for abnormality detection and diagnosis purposes. Recently, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) have received a great attention to solve difficult and complex problems related to biosignal and medical image processing; where the traditional signal/image processing algorithms and conventional machine learning techniques have shown their limitations to solve such problems. Indeed, the recent advances in this area have brought an impressive progress to solve several practical and difficult problems in many fields including medicine, healthcare, e-health, neuroscience, brain-computer interface (BCI), neurofeedback, robotics, robotic exoskeletons and biometrics, etc. In this context, the advanced artificial learning and ML techniques such as deep learning, reinforcement learning, deep reinforcement learning, statistical learning have shown their effectiveness to resolve various problems of detection, classification, clustering, segmentation, control, diagnosis, etc.; and thus, becomes useful solutions to be investigated more for other open problems.
The aim of this special session is to bring together researchers and scientists in the fields of biomedical signal and image processing, AI and ML, to present and discuss the recent advances on artificial learning/ML algorithms and methods applied for biomedical data processing.
The main topics that are of interest to this special session include, but are not limited to:
- AI for biomedical signal and medical image processing
- ML for biomedical signal and medical image processing
- Feature engineering for ML applied for biomedical signal and medical image processing
- Advanced algorithms of ML for biomedical data processing (e.g., deep learning, reinforcement learning, deep reinforcement learning, statistical learning...)
- Biomedical data processing in Big Data
- Advanced biomedical data processing methods with application in medicine, healthcare, e-health, neuroscience, BCI, neurofeedback, robotics, robotic exoskeletons, biometrics, etc.
- Related applications
Paper submission: January 15, 2021 (Extended to February 10, 2021)
Decision notifications: April 10, 2021
Camera-ready submission of accepted papers: April 25, 2021
Conference: July 18-22, 2021 (Virtual Event)
- Guidelines for paper submission: https://www.ijcnn.org/paper-submission-2021
- Submission link: https://ieee-cis.org/conferences/ijcnn2021/upload.php
- To submit your paper to this special session, you will choose our special session “S15. Algorithms of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Applied for Biomedical Data Processing” on the submission page
Journal Special Issue
A selection of accepted papers will be invited for publication in a special issue of a SCOPUS indexed journal (to be announced).
Larbi Boubchir (Lead Organizer)
Associate Professor, LIASD research Lab., Department of Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence, University of Paris 8, France
Boubaker Daachi (Co-organizer)
Full Professor, LIASD research Lab., Department of Computer Science& Artificial Intelligence, University of Paris 8, France
Contact and information
Web page: http://www.ai.univ-paris8.fr/~boubchir/SS/ss-ijcnn2021.html
Larbi Boubchir : email@example.com