ECSA 2011 : 5th European Conference on Software Architecture
Conference Series : European Conference on Software Architecture
Call For Papers
Call for Papers
The European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA) is the premier European software architecture conference, providing researchers, practitioners, and educators with a platform to present and discuss the most recent, innovative and significant findings and experiences in the field of software architecture research and practice.
We seek submissions of original papers describing basic and applied research, novel applications, research challenges and experience reports on all topics related to software architectures, including, but not limited to:
* requirements engineering and software architectures,
* quality attributes and software architectures,
* architecture reengineering, recovery,
* architecture conformance, run-time monitoring,
* aspect-oriented software architectures,
* Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA),
* web service composition, orchestration, choreography,
* architecture-based solutions for evolving systems,
* architectures for ultra-large and long-lived systems,
* ontology-based approaches for component and architecture description,
* process and management of architectural decisions,
* process models and frameworks for architecture-centric software engineering,
* architecture-centric model driven engineering,
* architectural features of Model Driven Architecture,
* software tools and environments for architecture-centric software engineering,
* architectural concerns of autonomic systems,
* component-based models, middleware, component-based deployment,
* technology of components and component-based frameworks,
* industrial applications, case studies, best practices and experience reports,
* architecture description languages and metamodels,
* architectural models, patterns and styles,
* architecture analysis, validation and verification,
* architecture transformation and refinement,
* architecture-based synthesis, code generation,
* architecture-based support for reconfigurable, adaptive or mobile applications.
As in previous years, ECSA 2011 seeks four types of papers that have not been published, accepted or submitted for publication elsewhere:
Full research papers and Experience papers (max. 16 pages in LNCS style) which describe novel contributions to software architecture research (submissions should cover work that has a sound scientific/technological basis and has been validated).
Emerging research papers (max. 8 pages in LNCS style) which present promising preliminary results from work-in-progress in a topic of software architecture research (submissions should cover work that has a sound basis, but perhaps has not been validated in full).
Research challenge papers (max. 4 pages in LNCS style) which present significant research challenges in theory or practice of software architecture (submissions should clearly present the research questions and their rationale).
All submitted papers will undergo a rigorous peer review process, and be selected based on originality, quality, soundness and relevance. All accepted papers will appear in the conference proceedings published by Springer-Verlag as part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. The submission should be prepared using the Springer LNCS style.
Submit your paper electronically in PDF via the EasyChair submission system.
For question please contact the Program Chair is Ivica Crnkovic.
Abstract submission (all categories) due 3 April 2011
Paper submission (all categories) due 10 April 2011
Notification of acceptance 25 May 2011
Camera-ready paper due 25 June 2011
ECSA 2011 in Essen, Germany 13-16 September 2011