EAI CROWNCOM 2021 : 16th EAI International Conference on Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks (Springer, Scopus, ISI, Ei, more)
Call For Papers
EAI is actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation to ensure the safety, comfort and quality of experience for attendees and a successful course of the event.
EAI CROWNCOM is a top-ranked conference venue for researchers with GII-GRIN-SCIE: B (Top 21%).
CROWNCOM authors have enjoyed over 212.000 downloads.
CROWNCOM 2021 aims at presenting new research results and perspectives of cognitive radio systems for 5G and beyond 5G networks, and will provide a forum for exchanging ideas, discussing solutions, and sharing experiences among researchers and experts from academia, industry, standards, and policy.
Following the success of last edition, the main scope of CROWNCOM 2021 is on innovations and applications with the cognitive-based solutions in the context of 5G and beyond.
Cognitive Radio and Sharing mechanisms have been considered for sub 6GHz bands broadband systems mainly. Hotspot research topics on Cognitive Radio in various contexts include spectrum sharing, dynamic spectrum access, increased system flexibility through access to rich context information, virtualization and management, etc.
With the development of intelligent algorithms, the new 5G paradigm and its expected evolutions into 6G raised unprecedented expectations in terms of broadband services, latency and convergence of broadband systems with IoT networks.
In this context, CROWNCOM 2021 will encompass all research aspects related to 5G and beyond systems that may benefit from the introduction of cognitive mechanisms, including most recent innovations, trends, examples of state-of-the-art industrial deployments, contributions to standards and policies. Besides, to provide a forum for the world-class researchers to gather and share their research achievements and ideas, all papers related to communication signal processing, satellite communications and networking, aerial communications networking and protocols, IoT and IoE, electronic countermeasures, and artificial intelligence are solicited.
EAI CROWNCOM 2021 will be held by Hebei Normal University in Shijiazhuang City, capital of the Hebei Province. Shijiazhuang City is ‘National Advanced City of Science and Education’, with strong scientific and technological capability. Starting from 2020, 5G will be commercially available on a large scale, and the coverage of 5G networks in cities and hot spots will be improved, gradually extending to rural areas. In Shijiazhuang, there are 36 scenic areas of Class A and 33 demonstration sites for industrial and agricultural tourism. The people of Shijiazhuang welcome friends from all over the world.
The works that will be presented at the conference will focus on the following topics:
- New applications of cognitive radio based technologies in future wireless networks;
- Deep learning and data mining in wireless networks;
- Artificial intelligence;
- Machine learning algorithms and solutions for 5G and beyond;
- Satellite communications and networking;
- 6G communications;
- Communication signal processing;
- Cognitive Radio Related Standards and initiatives;
- Radio resource slicing and radio virtualization techniques;
- Aerial communications networking and protocols;
- Usage of Context Information in future wireless system;
- Spectrum for digital inclusion;
- RAN Slicing;
- Backhauling aspects in future networks;
- Spectrum efficiency optimization at any layer level perspective (at PHY, MAC, networking and application level);
- Application of cognitive radio and sharing for the loT;
- Spectrum and resource virtualization;
- Business aspects and new opportunities related to spectrum sharing models (DSA, LSA, LAA, coexistence) and deployments;
- Spectrum usage in high frequency bands (mmWave, VLC, THz);
- Heterogeneous network coexistence;
- Fundamentals of cognitive radio, e.g., advances in spectrum sensing, dynamic spectrum access;
- Sharing and coexistence in mmWave bands and satellite communications;
- Coexistence in unlicensed bands (including offload mechanisms);
- Experimental results on spectrum efficiency of end-to-end wireless systems and trials;
- Spectrum sharing and cognitive networks, such as:
a) Dynamic Spectrum Access (DSA)
b) Licensed Shared Access (LSA)
c) Licensed Assisted Access (LAA)
d) Citizen Broadband Radio Service with Spectrum Access System (CBRS and SAS);
- Cognitive radio technology for V2V and V2X applications;
- Spectrum, infrastructure and resource management in future wireless networks;
- Spectrum sharing and security.
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
CROWNCOM proceedings are indexed in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
- Springer Wireless Networks Journal (WINET) (IF: 2.659)
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Cognitive Communications (Open Access)
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications (Open Access)
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Wireless Spectrum (Open Access)
Additional publication opportunities:
- EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing Book Series
Huilong Jin - Hebei Normal University, China
Chungang Liu - Hebei Normal University, China
Shaoru Zhang - Hebei Normal University, China
This event is organized by EAI (www.eai.eu).
EAI – European Alliance for Innovation is a non-profit organization and a professional community established in cooperation with the European Commission to empower the global research and innovation, and to promote cooperation between European and International ICT communities.