APACCHRIEYOUTH 2021 : APacCHRIE Youth Conference 2021
Call For Papers
12th APacCHRIE Youth Conference
2 – 4 June 2021
First Announcement and Call for Papers
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
Abstracts or Full Papers Submission: 14 March 2021
Final Version Submission: 25 April 2021
The 12th APacCHRIE Youth Conference will be held in conjunction with the APacCHRIE Conference 2021 in Singapore, hosted by SHATEC. The Conference aims to foster opportunities for development of leadership skills, networking as well as communications among undergraduates and students from institutions of higher learning in hospitality and tourism, encouraging presentation of high quality studies. The Youth Conference is also a platform for students from diverse cultural backgrounds to interact, discuss and exchange ideas, knowledge and practical skills. A Best Paper in each of the two paper categories will be selected and awarded. Papers are to be submitted in English.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Undergraduates and students from institutions of higher learning are invited to submit papers across a wide spectrum of hospitality and tourism relating to the theme: The Future of Work in one of the following two categories:
Category I: Research Paper
This category welcomes submissions showing research significance in the following topics:
- Consumer Behaviour in Hospitality and Tourism
- Contactless Services in Hospitality and Tourism
- Crisis Management in Hospitality and Tourism
- Culinary Arts and Gastronomy
- Destination Marketing
- E-learning in Hospitality and Tourism: Its Applications and Influences on the Industry and Education
- Ethics, Leadership, and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Hospitality Management and Marketing
- Hospitality Experience during COVID-19
- HR Management and Training in Tourism
- Impact of COVID-19 and Recovery Strategies
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- MICE Development and Tourism
- Robotics and Technology in Tourism and Hospitality Industries
- Rural Tourism and Green Tourism
- Service Design
- Smart Tourism and Innovations
- Social Media and Sharing Economy
- Tourism Development and Sustainability
- Tourism Planning and Policy
- Other Topics Related to Tourism and Hospitality in the Asia-Pacific Region
Category II: Practical Paper
This category welcomes submissions possessing practical significance and in particular showing collaborative student teamwork, spirit for excellence and creativity. Types of submissions may include but not limited to the followings:
- Case studies on hospitality and tourism development, marketing and management
- Design project for hotels, restaurants or related business
- Reflection on industrial attachment / industry fieldwork / work-integrated study / overseas study exchange
- Service learning experience and reflections
- Any other group works or projects showcasing students’ innovation and creativity in enhancing hospitality and tourism practices
GENERAL SUBMISSION INFORMATION
1. Two submission formats are possible for conference presentations:
- Abstract (500 words) or
- Full paper (up to 3,500 words)
2. All submissions will be reviewed based on their quality and suitability for the conference. If the submissions pass the review process, they will be accepted for presentation in the form of either stand-up or poster presentation.
3. Full paper submission will only be required if authors would like to compete for the Best Paper Award, which should be submitted by the submission deadline. A Best Paper Review Committee will conduct a refereed review of recommended full papers.
4. Submissions must be original and should not be already published nor under review for publication elsewhere.
5. Please indicate the author’s name and affiliation only on the cover page of the submission and they should not appear elsewhere. Please refer to the submission template on the conference website.
6. Once the submission is accepted for presentation, at least one of the authors must register for and present the research at the conference or their abstract/paper will be removed from the conference programme.
For more information, please visit: http://www.shatec.sg/youth-conference/call-for-papers/
For enquiries on abstracts or full papers submission, please email email@example.com.