SKM 2021 : International Conference on Secure Knowledge Management
Call For Papers
International Conference on Secure Knowledge Management: Call for Papers
With the advent of revolutionary technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, cloud computing, big data, and IoT; Secure Knowledge Management (SKM) continues to be an important research area that deals with methodologies for systematically gathering, organizing, and disseminating information in a secure manner. The recent development of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the security arena shows a promising future, and there is no doubt that AI can provide new ideas and tools for SKM. Therefore, this conference on SKM will bring together researchers & practitioners from academia, industry, and government on a global scale. The scope and focus of SKM-2021 conference are to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, and concerns including practical challenges encountered and solution adopted with special emphasis on AI. SKM 2019 was held in BITS Pilani, Goa Campus, Goa, India and past iterations of SKM were held at SUNY at Buffalo, SUNY Albany, NYU, SUNY Stony Brook, UT Dallas, Rutgers University, BITS Dubai, and University of South Florida. Following the biennial tradition of the Secure Knowledge Management Workshop that began in 2004, SKM-2021 (https://www.secure-km.org/) will be held during October 8 – 9, 2021, at the Courtyard by Marriott on the Riverwalk (dependent on the status of the Covid-19 Pandemic) in San Antonio. Papers offering novel research contributions in all aspects of SKM are solicited for submission. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• SKM in specific technology domains such as:
• Artificial Intelligence
• Data mining and Machine Learning
• Hybrid Cloud Computing
• Big Data in Collaborative Environment
• Internet of Things
• Cyber-Physical Systems
• Online Social Networks
• Role of SKM in Design of Secure Systems
• Role of SKM in General Data Protection Regulation
• SKM for Digital Payments
• Risk & Security Metrics for Knowledge Management
• SKM for Insider Threat Detection and Mitigation
• Knowledge Management for Fake News Detection
• Trust concerning Knowledge Management
Only original papers should be submitted. Submissions should not substantially overlap work which has been published elsewhere or simultaneously submitted to a journal or another conference with proceedings. Papers that contain any form of plagiarism will be rejected without a review.
• All submissions must be in English and should adhere to the LNCS/CCIS format guidelines:
o Guidelines for proceedings authors (pdf)
o LaTeX2e Proceedings Templates (zip)
o CCIS Consent form for the publication
• Including references and appendices, full paper should be 10-20 pages in the LNCS / CCIS one-column page format.
• To facilitate the double-blind paper evaluation, authors are kindly requested to submit the paper WITHOUT any self-reference to any of the authors anywhere in the paper, including the acknowledgments section of the paper and any other reference that may disclose the authors’ identity.
• Papers should be uploaded to EasyChair in PDF format only. After the paper submission has been successfully completed, authors will receive an automatic confirmation e-mail.
Each paper should clearly indicate the nature of its technical/scientific contribution and the problems, domains or environments to which it is applicable. It is planned to publish the peer-reviewed and selected papers of conference as proceedings with Springer in their prestigious Communications in Computer and Information Science series (Scopus and DBLP indexed).
Some selected papers presented at the conference will be invited for extension and further review for a fast-tracked special issue of Information Systems Frontiers (SCIE, Scopus and DBLP indexed) a Springer journal.
Authors of registered papers (including posters) must guarantee that their papers will be presented at the conference. At least one FULL registration is mandatory for each accepted paper. Papers which are not presented will be excluded from the conference proceedings.
Camera Ready Paper Submission Guidelines
Please send the following files to EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=skm2021) before July 26, 2021.
• A single pdf file of the final paper.
• A zip file containing all the source files (LNCS/CCIS latex format) of the final paper.
• Authors response to reviewer's comments.
• Duly signed “Consent to Publish Form”.
• Email subject: Final Camera Ready Paper (PaperID).
• Registration fee transaction receipt/screenshot.
• Paper Submission Deadline: June 21, 2021
• Acceptance Notification: July 12, 2021
• Camera Ready Deadline: July 26, 2021
• Early Bird Registration: Before August 10, 2021
• Standard Registration: After August 10, 2021
• Conference Dates: October 8 – 9, 2021