hcikg 2021 : CHI 2021 Workshop HCI & Knowledge Graphs
Call For Papers
CHI 2021 Workshop HCI & Knowledge Graphs - May 8th 2021
Knowledge Graphs are gaining in popularity; their ability to merge and connect information from different domains has many applications. Although the technology has been around for a while, it still does not present interfaces that are easy to use and understand. This workshop aims at bringing HCI and KG communities together to discuss how HCI methods could help identify and overcome the issues that keep Knowledge Graphs from better user interfaces.
Template: CHI Extended abstracts format, 4-6 pages (excluding references). Work in progress, needing feedback from both communities, such as new visualizations or interfaces, are very welcome.
Papers will be peer-reviewed by workshop organizers and other experts on a program committee. Those papers that align best with the goals of the workshop, or form the best grounds for discussion will be selected for presentation.
At least one author must register for the workshop and one day of the conference, attend the workshop and provide a short presentation.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• New needs and usage
• New interaction models and paradigms
• New interfaces and visualizations
• New applications
• New metrics and methodologies for evaluation
• Layers of abstraction, granularity of information
• Governance of information
• Privacy and security
• Exploratory search
• Interactive exploration
• Progressive visualization
• Data quality
• Ontology visualization
• First session (for authors would like to register as early bird)
• Paper deadline: February 15, 2021
• Notification: March 1, 2021
• Second session
• Paper deadline: March 15, 2021
• Notification: April 1st, 2021
• Workshop at CHI2021: May 8th 2021
More information: https://hci-kg-workshop.github.io