FRUCT 2021 : 29th IEEE FRUCT Conference
Call For Papers
Despite COVID-19, we keep on collecting submissions and plan to hold FRUCT as planned. The conference will be organized as a mix of onsite and remote participation, i.e., distant participation is allowed.
FRUCT is a large Pan-European cooperation network that promotes open innovations in academia and industry. FRUCT conference is a high-quality scientific event for meeting academia and business people and setting projects. The average conference is attended by 120+ participants representing 30+ member organizations and guests from other organizations. The participants come from all around the globe, usually, we have representatives from 20+ countries and 6 continents, e.g., Finland, Russia, Italy, UK, India, Brazil, Australia, and other countries. The industry is also well represented.
The conference attracts the most active and talented students to present their R&D projects, meet people alike, create new teams, and find employers and investors. The conference invites world-class academic and industrial experts to lecture on the hottest topics. The main conference program is for Wed-Fri. It includes regular sessions as well as thematic workshops.
We welcome everybody to submit papers and take part in the conference, share their research, and join the FRUCT Association. Thanks to sponsors we traditionally have low registration fees and various discounts can be applied. For further details refer to http://www.fruct.org/cfp29 and the registration is open at http://www.fruct.org/registration.
If you never attended FRUCT before, please refer to the program of one of the previous FRUCT conferences, e.g., https://fruct.org/program27. This way you can make your own impression about the scope, scale, and quality of the conference.
The list of conference topics:
- Internet of Things and enabling technologies
- Next-Generation Networks, Wireless Technologies, 5G
- Smart Spaces, Linked Data, and Semantic Web
- Big Data, Data Mining, Data Storage and Management
- Knowledge and Data Management Systems
- Location-Based Services: e-Tourism/Logistics/Navigation
- Open Source Mobile OS: Architectures and Applications
- UI innovations, UX and Usability, Ergonomics Challenges
- Security and Privacy: Applications and Coding Theory
- Natural Language Processing, Speech Technologies
- Software Design, Innovative Applications
- Bioinformatics, e-Health and Wellbeing
- Sensor Design, Ad-hoc, and Sensor Networking
- Context Awareness and Proactive Services
- Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, and Automation
- Computer Vision, Image and Video Processing
- Smart Systems and Embedded Networks
- Crowdsourcing and Collective Intelligence
- Machine Learning for Networked Apps
- Intelligence, Social Mining, and Web
- IoT based Water Distribution Management
- IoT and CPS solutions for societal challenges
- Sound and Music Computing
- Internet of Sounds
RG-02: 150 EUR - Registration before April 16, 2021, for IEEE members OR representatives of FRUCT member universities
RG-03: 250 EUR - Early bird full registration, if registered before April 16, 2021
RG-04: 250 EUR - Late registration for IEEE members OR representatives of FRUCT member universities
RG-05: 350 EUR - Late full registration
You can select one of the following 3 types of submissions:
- Full papers (min 6 full pages and up to 12 pages), deadline: 12 March 2021;
- Short papers (min 2 pages, max 6 pages), deadline: 12 March 2021;
- Poster or demo summary (min 200 words, max 4 pages), deadline: 7 May 2021.
Traditionally FRUCT doesn't provide deadline extension, as instead, we have an early-bird submissions mechanism. It is also good to increase your chance to get your paper accepted as Full Paper, as this way you always will have the second chance to improve the paper and get another round of review.
The Early bird submission deadline: February 19, 2021.
All papers get blind peer review by the Technical Committee. The acceptance rate of the last conference was 38%. We use IEEE paper template and Full Paper submissions shall have at least 6 full pages.
Full papers to be published in FRUCT proceedings (ISSN 2305-7254), included to IEEE Xplore and indexed by Scopus, DBLP, Web of Science, ACM, and RSCI (as journal publication). FRUCT series is included in Scimago Journal Rank (SJR, http://scimagojr.com/journalsearch.php?q=21100305223&tip=sid) and Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ, https://doaj.org/toc/2343-0737).
FRUCT has a high rating in national systems, e.g., Finnish (JUFO=1, JufoID: 72707), Norwegian (NSD=1), Danish (BFI=1, ID: 8782540).
The selected papers get an invitation to submit an extended version of the paper for publication in Scopus-indexed partner journals.
The conference will be held on the campus of Tampere University (Tampere, Finland). The university and the city have an interesting history and great nature around. The place has a good connection to all major transport hubs in the region.
Submit your paper today at https://www.fruct.org/submit29