ICWE 2021 : ICWE 2021 - Call for Papers [deadline extension]
Call For Papers
ICWE 2021 – CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS [deadline extension]
21st International Conference on Web Engineering
Biarritz, France | May 18-21, 2021
* Ricardo Baeza-Yates, Northeastern University at Silicon Valley, US
* Christos Faloutsos, Carnegie Mellon University, US
* Fabrizio Silvestri, Facebook, UK
The conference will be held at Le Bellevue congress centre in Biarritz, France. Biarritz is an elegant seaside town, with long sandy beaches, known as the resort of the kings, easily reachable by car, train, and plane. Further information can be found at http://icwe2021.webengineering.org/.
* Abstract submission: January 11, 2021 (23h59 Hawaii Time) [extended deadline]
* Full paper submission: January 18, 2021 (23h59 Hawaii Time) [extended deadline]
* Paper notification: February 15, 2021 (23h59 Hawaii Time)
* Camera-ready paper: February 27, 2021 (23h59 Hawaii Time)
ICWE 2021 AT A GLANCE
The International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE) is the premier annual conference on Web Engineering and associated technologies. ICWE aims to bring together researchers and practitioners from various disciplines in academia and industry to tackle the emerging challenges in: 1) the engineering of Web applications, 2) the problems of its associated technologies, and 3) the impact of those technologies on society and culture. The 21st edition of ICWE will accept contributions on a wide spectrum of topics related to Web Engineering, such as, among others:
* Web application modelling and engineering
* Web mining and knowledge extraction
* Web Big Data and Web data analytics
* Mobile Web applications
* Web of Things applications
* Social Web applications
* Web crowdsourcing and human computation
* Semantic Web, Web ontologies, and Linked Open Data applications
* Quality and accessibility aspects of Web applications
* Web composition and mashups
* Web user interfaces
* Web security and privacy
* Web programming
* Web services, computing, and standards
In addition to the research track, ICWE 2021 also seeks contributions of demos and posters, student papers to the PhD Symposium, tutorials, and workshops, which will be subject of individual calls.
SUBMISSIONS TO THE RESEARCH TRACK
This call addresses research contributions in one of the following categories:
* Full papers: mature, original research contribution. Reported results should be supported by some type of validation, and also include a justification about the choice/suitability of the validation method. In addition, evidence of use in practice and/or demonstration of scalability is regarded as a plus. (15 pages)
* Short papers: short papers presenting a discussion analysis, criticism, proposal, etc. about relevant aspects of Web engineering topics. These papers are intended to generate discussions that promise potential for research that will impact Web engineering in the coming years. (8 pages)
Papers must be formatted according to the information for Springer LNCS authors at http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html and submitted in PDF. Papers submitted to ICWE 2021 must not be under review elsewhere while under consideration for ICWE 2021, nor may have been already previously published elsewhere. Submissions that are not in compliance with the required submission format or that are out of the scope of the conference will be desk rejected without reviewing. Accepted contributions will be included into the ICWE 2021 Springer LNCS proceedings.
Authors should consult Springer’s authors’ guidelines and use their proceedings templates, either for LaTeX or for Word, for the preparation of their papers. Springer encourages authors to include their ORCIDs in their papers. In addition, the corresponding author of each paper, acting on behalf of all of the authors of that paper, must complete and sign a Consent-to-Publish form, through which the copyright for their paper is transferred to Springer.
Submissions and reviewing are supported by the EasyChair system at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icwe2021.
The best papers will be selected for possible inclusion after a peer-review, in extended form, in special issues of the following journals:
* Information Systems (Elsevier)
* Knowledge and Information Systems (Springer)
* Journal of Web Engineering (River Publishers)
Richard Chbeir, Universite de Pau & Pays de l'Adour, Biarritz, France
Flavius Frasincar, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Marco Brambilla, Politecnico di Milano, Milano, Italy
Ioana Manolescu, Inria and Institut Polytechnique de Paris, Paris, France
All questions about submissions should be emailed to email@example.com. Further information can be found at http://icwe2021.webengineering.org/.