ICWE 2021 : ICWE 2021 - Call for Demos and Posters
Call For Papers
ICWE 2021 - Call for Demos and Posters
21st International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE 2021)
May 18-21, Biarritz, France
Call for Demos and Posters
ICWE 2021 is the 21st International Conference on Web Engineering which aims at bringing together researchers and practitioners from various disciplines in academia and industry to tackle challenges related to engineering Web applications, problems associated with Web technologies, and the impact of those Web technologies on society.
The track Demos and Posters of ICWE 2021 provides a unique forum for researchers and practitioners alike to showcase demonstrators, to present projects, to discuss preliminary research results, and obtain feedback from members of the Web Engineering community.
ICWE 2021 sees significant value in demonstrations and aims to provide visibility and a discussion forum for state-of-the-art technical solutions, implementation experiences, and recent research activities. The Demos track offers an exciting and highly interactive way of presenting and discussing demonstrators of promising research. It is an excellent way of showcasing prototypes and the applicability of your research. Submissions about open source software and commercial solutions are also welcome. Note that demonstrations should be brief so that they can be shown repeatedly. We particularly encourage demos with which attendees can interact.
The Posters track invites researchers, practitioners, PhD students, and others working in any area of Web Engineering, that do not have a demonstration, to submit a poster of their research. We solicit submission of original research, as well as experience and vision papers from both researchers and practitioners. Like Demos, Poster contributions may address any topic that fits within the ICWE 2021 topics of interest.
Topics of interests (not exhaustively) include the following:
- Accessibility of Web applications
- Mobile Web applications
- Quality models of Web applications
- Social Web applications
- Semantic Web and Linked Open Data applications
- Web application modeling and engineering
- Web crowdsourcing and human computation
- Web Big Data and Web data analytics
- Web composition and mashups
- Web mining and knowledge extraction
- Web of Things applications
- Web programming
- Web user interfaces
- Web security and privacy
- Web services, computing, and standards
The submissions to the track Demo and Poster must include :
- A description of the work (up to 4 pages in LNCS format including references) to be included in the proceedings of ICWE 2021. Authors should consult Springer’s authors’ guidelines and use proceedings templates as instructed at http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html. Submissions should be in PDF format.
- An appendix (in free format) informing what will be demonstrated and how the contributions will be illustrated interactively. For demos, the appendix should include a URL that points to a preliminary version of the demo (e.g., screenshots, videos, or a running system). For posters, it should include a link to download a poster in PDF format, A0 size.
All submissions should through EasyChair using the link https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icwe2021
Publication of Accepted Submissions
Camera-ready versions of accepted Demos and Posters submissions will be published in the ICWE 2021 main conference proceedings. At least one author of each accepted submission must register for the conference and present the work during the demos and posters sessions.
The final version of each accepted paper must strictly adhere to the LNCS guidelines (http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html) and must include a printable file of the camera-ready version as well as all required source files (either MS Word or Latex). No changes to the LNCS formatting rules are permitted. Authors of accepted papers must also download and sign a copyright form that will be made available in due time.
Important Dates (23h59 Hawaii Time)
- Poster/demos submission deadline: 20 February
- Notification of acceptance: 25 February
- Camera-ready deadline: 27 February (HARD deadline)
- Irene Garrigos (University of Alicante, Spain)
- Marco Winckler (Université Côte d’Azur, France)
All questions about submissions should be emailed to email@example.com