TPDL 2021 : 25th International Conference on Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries
Conference Series : Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries
Call For Papers
The 25th conference on Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries (http://www.tpdl.eu/tpdl2021) takes place under the general theme of “Linking Theory and Practice”. This emphasises TPDL’s role over the last 25 years as a forum that brings together researchers and practitioners whose work intersects with Digital Libraries. Regardless of how your work connects with Digital Libraries, we invite you to submit your work as a full, practitioner, short, demo, or poster paper. We also invite submissions for workshops, tutorials, and our doctoral consortium.
Due to the global situation TPDL 2021 will take place online from 13. to 17. September 2021. This is also an important statement towards making academia environmentally responsible and lowers the barriers towards participation. To ensure that you do not miss out on the in-the-corridor chats, the conference will include a full virtual social programme.
Topics in 2021 include, but are not limited to and not in ranked order:
* Digital Libraries
* Information Retrieval
* Research Data Management
* Data Repositories and Archives
* Digital Preservation and Curation
* Standards and Interoperability
* Data and Information Lifecycle
* Linked Data and Open Data
* Digital Cultural Heritage
* Data and Research Infrastructure
* Document (Text) Analysis
* Scholarly Communication
* User Interface and Experience in Digital Libraries
* Information Interaction
Full papers presenting original work (10 pages + references, LNCS format)
Practitioner papers presenting original, applied work (10 pages + references, LNCS format)
Short papers presenting original work (6 pages + references, LNCS format)
Demos and Posters (4 pages + references, LNCS format)
Workshops & Tutorials (4 pages + references, LNCS format)
Doctoral Consortium (4 pages + references, LNCS format)
All submissions must be written in English and submitted as PDF files following the LNCS format via EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=tpdl21.
* Submission deadline for Workshops and Tutorials: 13. January 2021
* Notification for Workshops and Tutorials: 27. January 2021
* Submission deadline for Papers, Demos and Posters: 14. April 2021
* Notification for Papers, Demos, Posters: 26. May 2021
* Submission deadline for the Doctoral Consortium: 12. May 2021
* Notification for the Doctoral Consortium: 26. May 2021
* Camera-ready submission: 23. June 2021
* Video submission deadline for Papers: 01. September 2021
* Conference: 13. - 17. September 2021
The TPDL 2021 proceedings will be published by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series (https://www.springer.com/gb/computer-science/lncs). All submissions must conform to the formatting instructions described in the “Author information” webpage. If your paper includes images or screenshots, please ensure that these are at least 600dpi.
The TPDL 2021 Program Committee will also invite selected authors to submit an extended version (at least 30% new material) of their paper to a special issue in the International Journal of Digital Libraries (IJDL, ISSN 1432-5012).